Filter by tag unusable on Mac with many tags

I've been using Evernote for years, so my tag collection is pretty vast -- maybe 1000? In Evernote for Mac, when I try to filter notes by tag, the tag popup stays eerily empty for ages. I need to click it and re-click it a few times before any tags appear in the list -- or maybe I'm just impatient.

Surely it can't be that slow (like 20-30 seconds slow) to load a list of tags? I imagine the internal database already knows which notes match which tags, so I'm guessing the delay isn't down to any on-the-fly calculations. 

Could filtering by tag be made speedy (and usable) please?

This issue doesn't affect the iOS app, by the way -- just Mac.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is infuriating! Clicking the tag button freezes EN for some seconds for me, these days (I sometimes get a beachball).  Tagging is the most important function of EN for me; I hope this can be fixed.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

1000 Tags?? wow, thats pretty a lot - mabe that little popup window is not developed for such a huge number - how do you remember all those Tags while tagging? Ever tried to consolidate?

No, it's not the number of tags.  Sometimes the tag picker fails to initialize properly.  I haven't identified any pattern.

My tag count is 350.  My suspicion is too many tags is not a best practice.  
I recommend using a controlled naming standard to avoid orphan tags.

Archived