Slow retrieval of a new scan

Macbook Pro, HIgh Sierra 10.13.6, Evernote 7.2. I scan a document (in this case, a small receipt) to PDF using Scansnap. It transfers directly into Evernote. Sync indicator shows sync is complete. However, when I click on the snippet and it takes 10-15 seconds of constant wheelie activity before the document appears.

It's acting as though the file acquisition time in my computer is slow, but it's a not-nearly-full flash drive, so that shouldn't be the case and the symptom doesn't occur anywhere else.

Is there a setting I can change to get rid of this? Is it a known problem?  (I recognize that I have 35,000 or so notes, but I understand EN is capable of handling data stores much larger than that.)

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, jmpsfs said:

Macbook Pro, HIgh Sierra 10.13.6, Evernote 7.2. I scan a document (in this case, a small receipt) to PDF using Scansnap. It transfers directly into Evernote. Sync indicator shows sync is complete. However, when I click on the snippet and it takes 10-15 seconds of constant wheelie activity before the document appears.

I'm running 20K+ Notes on Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.12.6 on a 2015 iMac-27, and EN runs fast for the most part.  However, sometimes after adding a large Note or PDF, I notice there can be a slowdown, especially while EN is syncing.  I'm just guessing, but one possibility is  that EN is updating its indexes.

I haven't seen any EN Mac versions since 6.11.1 that I trust -- all have had serious bugs/issues, IMO.

High Sierra is another possible culprit -- I still see negative reports about  it, so  I'm staying away.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived