Auto timestamp - per line

I can put a timestamp in with Ctrl ;  and that does just what I need, which is to start each line or few lines with a timestamp. But only if I remember to key for it. 

Does anyone know of a way of setting up so that EVERY line I start typing gets timestamped automatically? 

Basically, I need to be able to take brief notes of radio conversations - I need a few words on each call and a few on the response, or vice-versa if I call out.  99% of these notes go in the bin at the end of the day but once in a while there are significant incidents when teh notes will be referred to, perhaps even by emergency services, and the exact time (hhmm good enough but I would use hhmmss if poss) can matter a lot. 

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 8:25 AM, chris-comley said:

I can put a timestamp in with Ctrl ;  and that does just what I need, which is to start each line or few lines with a timestamp. But only if I remember to key for it. 

Does anyone know of a way of setting up so that EVERY line I start typing gets timestamped automatically? 

Basically, I need to be able to take brief notes of radio conversations - I need a few words on each call and a few on the response, or vice-versa if I call out.  99% of these notes go in the bin at the end of the day but once in a while there are significant incidents when teh notes will be referred to, perhaps even by emergency services, and the exact time (hhmm good enough but I would use hhmmss if poss) can matter a lot. 

Cheers

I don't think there is an option in Evernote however you can possibly use a text expander software to achieve what you are looking for.

• Level 5*
On 7/9/2018 at 5:25 AM, chris-comley said:

Auto line timestamp is not an Evernote editor function.

You could look at using an alternate editor that provides this function.
Or roll your own; for example a spreadsheet with a cell formula will insert a timestamp.
Evernote works well with spreadsheets as file attachments.

Archived