request: please make companion Apple Watch app, to be used for dictating voice memos that are then auto-transcribed into text

macwrapper

Idea

in short: implement an Apple Watch companion app for EverNote that records voice memo's and automatically transcribes them.

I'm not sure if this has been proposed yet for EverNote, or if any currently-available note-taking app has this capability. It would be extremely useful to me, and I suspect many others. The idea is to implement a simple voice-memo-type app on Apple Watch. The interface is just a big button saying record. you tap it to initiate a voice memo, then dictate what you have to say, then tap again when you're finished.  When the voice memo is complete, the app transcribes the audio into text and automatically creates a new note within EverNote containing the auto-transcribed text as well as the audio, embedded.

2 replies to this idea

When I create a new note from my ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, I am using watchOS' built in voice-to-text dictation to "write" my notes. I don't think that Apple allows watch apps to record audio from it's microphone. If the watch needed to dictate as well as record, it would require too many resources. If this wasn't the case, Apple would have a voice memos app on their watch.

Apple does indeed allow apps for Apple Watch to access the AW's microphone and record audio from it.  There are multiple AW apps out there that take advantage of this (one example is "Just Press Record").

Archived