Jump to content

Windows -> Help -> Help & Learning -> Log in to Help & Learning -> You have logged out of Evernote.


Recommended Posts

This has happened before, but now I cannot find a way out.  From Windows client, selecting Help & Learning opens a web page asking me to log in for "improved" support.  Clicking log in takes me to a page informing me I've logged out.  Logging in from there takes me to the application in my account.  Infinite loop.

Can't submit a ticket; but plan to hack by sending email to saved email I have.  BTW, clicking on send email on the web leads to the same situation.

Using Chrome.

Link to post
  • Level 5

The new "log in for better help" has puzzled me a bit. It never knows that I'm already logged in, and it never seems to offer any better help even if I log in (again). But I haven't run into this before. 

1 hour ago, eafpres said:

Clicking log in takes me to a page informing me I've logged out.  Logging in from there takes me to the application in my account. 

If I'm reading that right, you're saying that logging in on the Evernote Help Website kicks you back into the Windows client?? That would be odd indeed. Or does it send you to your notes in the Evernote Web interface? A screenshot might help, particularly of the page on which you're logging in.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The new "log in for better help" has puzzled me a bit. It never knows that I'm already logged in, and it never seems to offer any better help even if I log in (again). But I haven't run into this before. 

If I'm reading that right, you're saying that logging in on the Evernote Help Website kicks you back into the Windows client?? That would be odd indeed. Or does it send you to your notes in the Evernote Web interface? A screenshot might help, particularly of the page on which you're logging in.

Accessing help from either the web app, or the windows client, sends to a web page that says I need to log in to access support, clicking on log in at the top kicks me to a page saying I'm logged out, logging in there sends me back to the web app.  Circle complete.

Link to post
  • Level 5
16 minutes ago, eafpres said:

Accessing help from either the web app, or the windows client, sends to a web page that says I need to log in to access support, clicking on log in at the top kicks me to a page saying I'm logged out, logging in there sends me back to the web app.  Circle complete.

Thanks. It's the page that says I'm logged out that I never see. Peculiar. I wonder if it could be related to cookies, ad-blocking, etc.??

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Thanks. It's the page that says I'm logged out that I never see. Peculiar. I wonder if it could be related to cookies, ad-blocking, etc.??

Well, I tried an experiment wherein I opened IE11 instead of Chrome; since I rarely use it I deleted all history, cookies--everything; then restarted and tried from there; same result.  Perhaps it is a security setting; hadn't explored that.  I finally submitted via my iPhone app.

Link to post
  • Level 5
Just now, eafpres said:

Well, I tried an experiment wherein I opened IE11 instead of Chrome; since I rarely use it I deleted all history, cookies--everything; then restarted and tried from there; same result.  Perhaps it is a security setting; hadn't explored that.  I finally submitted via my iPhone app.

Glad you're persistent! Is is it possible to get a screenshot of that page that says you're logged out?

Link to post
40 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Glad you're persistent! Is is it possible to get a screenshot of that page that says you're logged out?

Here is a play by play for your enjoyment

Slide1.thumb.JPG.518dd288f17b3c0135324ad8715f636e.JPG

Link to post
  • Level 5

Huh. Now I'm just thoroughly stumped. From those screenshots, it appears to me that you're using the Evernote Web interface in a browser, Chrome I presume, rather than the Windows app. But it doesn't look anything like the Web interface I see (current, classic, or beta). Either way, I just never see that "You have logged out" page when I click on Help. I can make it appear if I'm in Help, logged in, and intentionally log out, but not when I just go to Help from the Web interface, even if I have intentionally logged out of Help, then returned to the Web interface. I feel like I'm pretty useless to you at this point. I hope someone else may chime in with something relevant. Sorry!

Link to post
  • Level 5*
39 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Huh. Now I'm just thoroughly stumped. From those screenshots, it appears to me that you're using the Evernote Web interface in a browser, Chrome I presume, rather than the Windows app. But it doesn't look anything like the Web interface I see (current, classic, or beta).

This indeed the new web beta. Moving to a more appropriate forum.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...