Duplicate Note

llewellen

A couple of searches didn't turn up a direct answer for this question.  I have created a little table in a note for a task I do everyday.  I would like to be able to copy or duplicate it each day into a new note.  How to do?  Thank you.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, llewellen said:

A couple of searches didn't turn up a direct answer for this question.  I have created a little table in a note for a task I do everyday.  I would like to be able to copy or duplicate it each day into a new note.  How to do?  Thank you.

I'm using a Mac, and have a few options when right-clicking on a template note2065260504_ScreenShot2018-07-04at09_17_33.png.7327989e54f2fc25066b49e3bca2fb7c.png
- Duplicate Note, Copy Note, ...

I actually use a script which export/imports the template and assigns title and tags, ....  
My daily journal note is created automatically each morning.

I can also maintain a selection of templates outside of Evernote/
These are imported simply by double-clicking

426556658_ScreenShot2018-07-04at09_23_29.png.e697292c245bca2a4a1d1094230fb1f1.png

Thank you.  It appears that you have somehow designated the note as a template.  I haven't done that - at this point, it's just a note I created that contains the table I want to duplicate each day.

I'm sorry - I forgot to specify in my first post that I'm using the web versioin of EN.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, llewellen said:

Thank you.  It appears that you have somehow designated the note as a template.  I haven't done that - at this point, it's just a note I created that contains the table I want to duplicate each day.

I'm sorry - I forgot to specify in my first post that I'm using the web versioin of EN.

Hmmn.  There are now three versions of Evernote Web - the old original 'classic' (which you may still have access to if you're a long-time user),  the current 'new' public version,  which was a cut-down version of Classic released originally as a Beta, and the new New Beta to which you have to request access in Settings.  The public version sadly doesn't support copying notes.

@DTLow created 'templates' simply by using that as the note title - it's a normal note,  just one that you don't normally want to edit - it's only meant to be copied.

If you have access to Evernote on almost any other platform,  you can create copies,  so a possible work-around would be to create a Notebook or Stack for templates and produce a week / month / year's supply of these notes in advance.  Just move one to your active notebook when you want to start using it.

(I mention Stack because you may have more than one type of template.)

If you're a subscriber to Evernote,  you should have access to sending a new note via email - which then gives you the option via the Web of 'sharing' a note to yourself via your Evernote email address.  In effect you're copying the note by email.

Sooner or later I'd imagine the public version of Evernote Web will get note copies,  which should resolve your issue.  ;)

@gazumped:  Thank you.  Except when I login with the web version, at first I am presented with a window telling me that my team as switched to the new version that has Spaces, and I can either download a desktop version of EN or use Chrome, neither of which I want to do.  So I continue on to the previous web version.  Once there, in my drop down pane for logout etc. there is the option to go to the new web  version but that link just takes me back to the inital window about download or Chrome.

About a week ago, a normal login just took me to the new version with dark theme (which I rather liked) but no more.  I didn't change any settings.  What did EN change?  I would be happy to pay a reasonable monthly fee for some sort of "premium" edition but @ $9.95 for a single user it doesnt' make sense, especially compared to the suite of apps I get from Zoho for just $3USD per month.  Admittedly, their Notebook is nowhere near EN but I'm just sayin'.

• Level 5*
On 7/5/2018 at 8:49 PM, llewellen said:

What did EN change?

They obviously made some changes to the web version to hook it into the 'new' new version (and I agree,  it's a pain that you either have upgrade to a Business user or use a Chrome extension - but if you only need it to create copies of your templates...) - can you get back to the view you liked?  Maybe setting up a shortcut in your browser to that URL will work?

It's not a huge deal.  The "new" look was nice but I can live with the "old" one happily :)  I just wanted to be able to use a custom template as a template is meant to be used - i.e. you create it, save it and then copy and re-use it ad infinitum.  I can probably work around.  I think I don't need this little table I created to be completely mobile and accessible from everywhere so I can use a nice little desktop note app like Cherrytree for this specific purpose.  I don't want to be bothered with manipulating a mammoth word processing program to do it.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that EN doesn't show more love for its web version.  Increasingly people are using web apps and cloud services of all types.  In my normal day I do very little on the desktop these days.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, llewellen said:

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that EN doesn't show more love for its web version.

They are (I gather) in process of doing a major upgrade,  but chose to launch it first for Business users.  More is coming (I'm told...)  ;)

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, llewellen said:

If you have their ear, please convey that I would be happy to pay a reasonable "premium" fee for single user access to enhanced features.

:) No special channels here - you've already given them notice by posting in the forums.  Evernote are (they say) looking at alternative methods of providing a level of access below Premium.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, karimovic said:

we are waiting for this news that will never happen I think

I think EN doesn't really understand its own business model.  I have mentioned previously that I would be willing to pay a reasonable monthly subscription fee for a premium individual user account that had access to enhanced features but EN insists all or nothing; basic or business.  I don't have a business and don't intend to but as an individual I could use the enhanced features.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, llewellen said:

I have mentioned previously that I would be willing to pay a reasonable monthly subscription fee for a premium individual user account that had access to enhanced features but EN insists all or nothing; basic or business. 

fyi  Evernote has a Premium account tier that has access to enhanced features.

https://evernote.com/compare-plans

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

fyi  Evernote has a Premium account tier that has access to enhanced features.

https://evernote.com/compare-plans

Thanks.  I should have been more specific in my earlier post.  The  main enhanced feature i would use is the shared spaces.  As I see it now, there isn't any way to invite someone to look at something in one of my Notebooks unless they also have a paid seat on the business plan.  It would be very nice and useful to be able to invite a guest to view and comment, on a per occasion invitation only basis, without them having any rights to create new Notebooks or Notes.

Archived