(Archived) sharing notebooks with certain tags

I know you can share an entire notebook, I get that. But what about sharing certain tags within that notebook? Is it possible or can it be looked at for a possibility?

I have lots of Images in my Images notebook. I have photos from different trips in that notebook, it helps me keep all my images organized. I have some pics tagged with safari trip then another set of images tagged with hawaii trip.

So If i want to share the photos from hawaii trip I have to share the entire notebook.

So is there a way to share just the photos tagged with Hawaii trip in the images notebook? So i dont show the other hundred photos in the image notebook.

• Level 5*

As best I know, the notebook is the smallest granularity for sharing. In this it matches its real life analog, the paper notebook. You can't share only selected pages from a notebook without tearing them out of the original , or tearing out the ones you don't want to share.

~Jeff

• Level 5*
I do get what you said there and it does make sense. But they are also 2 different things. One is digitized the other is not.

That's a fair point. I work in the map business, and the digital maps of today (seamless worldwide, interactive, multi-layered, etc.) are not the maps you have in your car that take you from home to St Louis. Nevertheless, there is value in keeping software models close in nature to real-life models, because familiarity helps to conceptualize their usage. Ultimately, it's up to the Evernote folk to make those kinds of decisions.

~Jeff

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

There is previous discussion on the topic of voting for features, with input from at least one Evernote employee; search the forums for "feature voting". I think that eventually (maybe sooner rather than later), Evernote will switch to a different forum format, at least that's what the little Elephant birdie told me.

Archived