(Archived) New to Evernote few questions before i go premium

Hi All,

I have been playing around with Evernote for the last days and never got into heavy using it but I had some spare time today to have a real look at it.

you guys might be able to answer a few questions for me ;)

Is there a feature where you can just password encrypt you individual notebooks/workbooks, so if you leave your laptop on that it auto locks or is locked all the time until you open it. I think this would be useful feature if you have a notebook for each of your clients and you do not wish them unsecure if you are not working on them or if you have a notebook for statements, etc.

As all notes entered in Evernote are HTML are you able to enter the HTML code manually to custom set table sizes etc so they are ready to have images put in them for when you find them?

Is there anywhere you can use the Evernote entry to locate where the file could be located so you can locate the original file.

example

I have a pdf file that I sent to Evernote on my macbook then a friend was reading through it on my Evernote account while i was doing something else, I wanted to give him a hard copy for him to take away with him (i know i could export it from Evernote) but instead of having another copy on my drive. Is there anyway like you can in iTunes just right click a track and select "show in finder" and it takes you to the file? And if the file ended up been taken from your iphone or something it just get the info from the meta data and tell you this file was entered via your iphone or something like that anyway?

Images - I also was just writing up a note I wished to put some concept art into but not have it take up the whole note, I had 4 designs i wished to put into maybe 200x200 cells of a table. Then I was wondering could I put in the full high res image in as another note and then link the 200x200 image to the full size graphic note?

Even better have it pop up with an image slide reel for previewing the images?

hope some of this makes sense.

Kind regards,

Lloyd

You are not going to like any of my answers.

Is there a feature where you can just password encrypt you individual notebooks/workbooks, so if you leave your laptop on that it auto locks or is locked all the time until you open it. I think this would be useful feature if you have a notebook for each of your clients and you do not wish them unsecure if you are not working on them or if you have a notebook for statements, etc.

Not currently. The best you can do is encrypt some of the text in a note. Evernote's recommendation has been to use third party tools like TrueCrypt to encrypt your database or use the screen saver password, but you currently can't encrypt at a notebook level.

As all notes entered in Evernote are HTML are you able to enter the HTML code manually to custom set table sizes etc so they are ready to have images put in them for when you find them?

It sounds like you are looking for templates. The best you can do is to export a note, change the HTML, and then re-import it whenever you wish to use that note. It isn't the most elegant solution but some people create templates this way. As far as editing the HTML, Evernote doesn't allow you to use every HTML tag in the world so editing an .enex file and then re-importing it may give you an error when you try to sync but basic things are permitted.

Is there anywhere you can use the Evernote entry to locate where the file could be located so you can locate the original file.

No (at least not on Windows). I can't speak to other platforms. On Windows the attachment isn't a separate file but is stored in your Evernote database.

You are not going to like any of my answers.

No (at least not on Windows). I can't speak to other platforms. On Windows the attachment isn't a separate file but is stored in your Evernote database.

It's the same on the Mac platform. pdfs attached to a note in Evernote is in the database.

Archived