Easy way to jump to bottom of notes on iPhone?

spinweb

Idea

This has been bugging me since I started with Evernote.... On my iPhone, if I open a long note (and yes, some notes are long), the only way I've found to get to the bottom and type new information is grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it.... forever.  I have Googled about this and I'm surprised to not have found a solution yet.  Is it possible there is no way to have focus be at the bottom of notes when I open them?  It's really tedious to have to embark on a scroll adventure each time I want to add a new item to my note!  Personally, I think that should be the default behaviour, but if not, at least create a setting or a viable shortcut on mobile devices.

13 replies to this idea

Agreed! This has been missing forever. 

I write stories and speeches with Evernote on my iPhone, often with dictation while walking (try it some time). The only problem? There is no way to quickly jump to the end of a note. 

There should be a setting where edit will take you immediately to the bottom of a note. Perhaps an Add function. 

3 hours ago, spinweb said:

Is it possible there is no way to have focus be at the bottom of notes when I open them?

I never had that problem as I generally use the iOS app to retrieve info quickly and not edit much. I keep the editing and adding to the Windows app most of the time.

So I just checked to see if there was a way. It looks like iOS opens all notes the very top view and I was not able to locate a setting for it. 

Moved your topic to the feature request for iOS so it can be voted by others.

Well, that may work in some cases... but I have a long list that I add new items to the bottom of.  Still think this is a common use case and there should be a way to jump easily to the bottom of the entry field.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, spinweb said:

Still think this is a common use case and there should be a way to jump easily to the bottom of the entry field.

Command ⬇️ with an external keyboard

Spinweb,

I had the same issue. It's so frustrating. What I do to go down to the bottom of a note is so lame but it gets the job done: what I do is that I just insert any photo as soon as I open the note in question - then Evernote will insert the photo at the bottom of the note automatically. Then I delete the photo and start writing from the very bottom of the note. 

Whenever I do that, it works but as you can see, it's a sad, imperfect solution. I hope the Evernote Team would fix this problem asap.  Hope it helps. 

DW

So I just found out that there is a way you can go all the way to the bottom. Well at least in the notes app.

If you create a checklist it automatically takes you to the bottom. The checklist button is already on the screen on top of the keyboard so perfect. And removing a checklist bubble is just one backspace. Boom.

That’s the easiest way you can get there and I hope that Evernote has a quick toolbar to do that as well! 

My solution!!

I also wish there was a “Jump to end” under the”…” menu. However, I have a simple work around! (This works on my iPhone.) I have put “qq qq” at the end of my note. As soon as I open my note, I click “…” and select “Find in note”.  I search for “qq”, and viola! 

I chose qq as that is not a combination of letters in any word that I know, or certainly in any words that I use!

Now, surprise, surprise, this find function doesn’t always work properly. Sometimes it seems to take me to a random part of the note. (Go figure.) Which is why I have the “qq” repeated. This way, if the find function takes me to a random part of the note, I can click through to the second instance of ”qq”, and that seems to work every time. Yes, my workaround has a workaround!

Hope this is helpful to some of you. 

I insert new text, lets say a new day in a journal or meeting notes always on top of the note - so, newest entries are at the beginning of a note and not at the end - may work for you as well? 1016jersey.com is a website that sells soccer jerseys. We sell new releases from Inter Miami, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, and other clubs. We also have a section on classic jerseys, including those of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Zinedine Zidane. https://1016jersey.com/

• Level 5

Reverse order is a good solution - I use it as well, it is simply most efficient.

The direct way to scroll to the end is this: If you move a note down a little with your finger, a smallish scroll bar appears at the far right edge of the screen. You can place your finger on it and scroll very rapidly through the whole note. Bring it down to the bottom, and you are at the end of the note.