Open a specific note in a new window everytime Evernote opens?

Howdy all, I've been using Evernote for quite a few years but I'm new to the forums.

I have a Mac Mini, running High Sierra and I would like to have a specific note open in a new window automatically whenever I launch Evernote. Is this possible?

I did assign a keyboard shortcut to open the current in a new window but I still have to navigate to that note first. There is a specific note that I use everyday for work and would like for it to open automatically when Keyboard Maestro launches Evernote and my other apps each morning at 7:30. I've exhausted my Google-fu and haven't had any success!

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

• Level 5*
On 6/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, cdthomer said:

I have a Mac Mini, running High Sierra and I would like to have a specific note open in a new window automatically whenever I launch Evernote. Is this possible?

You can generate a link to your note750105456_ScreenShot2018-06-25at09_11_34.png.d15fee601d8c5e71e0e8417415644cb8.png
This link can be used as an icon on your desktop to launch Evernote

>>There is a specific note that I use everyday for work and would like for it to open automatically when Keyboard Maestro launches Evernote and my other apps each morning at 7:30.

I use a script (AppleScript) to launch Evernote each morning.  It can open a specific note.

Applescript is built into all Macs, and is enabled in a scripting layer built into Evernote.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

You can generate a link to your note750105456_ScreenShot2018-06-25at09_11_34.png.d15fee601d8c5e71e0e8417415644cb8.png

>>There is a specific note that I use everyday for work and would like for it to open automatically when Keyboard Maestro launches Evernote and my other apps each morning at 7:30.

I use a script (AppleScript) to launch Evernote each morning.  It can open a specific note.

Applescript is built into all Macs, and is enabled in a scripting layer built into Evernote.

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but mine says only "Make Note Link"; not "Make Classic Note Link".

I click that, but if I paste it into a browser it takes me to the web app and I would like to have it open in the actual MacOS native app. But I don't know of a way to make an actual alias using that shortcut that I copied. The only way I know how to make aliases is by right clicking on a file and click "Make Alias".

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, cdthomer said:

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but mine says only "Make Note Link"; not "Make Classic Note Link".

Hold down the option key to force the Classic Link

I copy the link  into the browser address box, then drag the globe icon to the desktop to create a shortcut

• Level 5*
On 6/22/2018 at 3:46 PM, cdthomer said:

Don't know if Mac EN works the same way, but if you create a notebook, move the note to that notebook, have the notebook in focus, and do a File - Exit, from that point on anytime you start EN that notebook/note will be the focus.

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Hold down the option key to force the Classic Link

I copy the link  into the browser address box, then drag the globe icon to the desktop to create a shortcut

The option key worked great. But I tried copying into both Chrome and Safari and it just forces it to open in the Evernote app which doesn't allow me to make a bookmark onto the desktop. Is there a way to manually create a shortcut on the desktop using the classic link?

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, cdthomer said:

But I tried copying into both Chrome and Safari and it just forces it to open in the Evernote app which doesn't allow me to make a bookmark onto the desktop

I suspect you pasted into the address box and clicked enter.1682468621_ScreenShot2018-06-25at13_39_51.png.868e296413467539a1c8b0ce61d0ce4e.png

Without clicking enter, just drag the globe to the desktop

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I suspect you pasted into the address box and clicked enter.1682468621_ScreenShot2018-06-25at13_39_51.png.868e296413467539a1c8b0ce61d0ce4e.png

Without clicking enter, just drag the globe to the desktop

I bow before your wisdom...that worked, thanks so much!

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

Can we do the same in EN windows 7 and 10?

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Can we do the same in EN windows 7 and 10?

Copy the note link for the note to the clipboard.  Right click on desktop, New - Shortcut.  Paste the note link in Type the location of the items.

50 minutes ago, CalS said:

Copy the note link for the note to the clipboard.  Right click on desktop, New - Shortcut.  Paste the note link in Type the location of the items.

Thanks, CalS.

Sorry, I meant can I open the note in the EN app (by clicking on a shortcut to a note like android has the feature of making shortcuts and placing them in frontpage)?

I think the solution described above opens the note in a browser. 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Thanks, CalS.

Sorry, I meant can I open the note in the EN app (by clicking on a shortcut to a note like android has the feature of making shortcuts and placing them in frontpage)?

I think the solution described above opens the note in a browser. 

Yes, the link "passes" through the browser.  The first time you select an EN link, from an Email for example, you are presented with an option to open in the desktop app.   If you select the option from then on clicking on an EN link will open the note in the desktop.  PITA that the browser has to cycle each time, but it does work. 

You can reset the option by updating a cookie.  For Chrome

1. Google settings
  2. Content settings
  3. Advanced
  4. Privacy and security - Content Settings
  5. Cookies
  6. See all cookies and site data
  7. Enter Evernote in Search cookies
  8. www,evernote.com
  9. remove enAppinstalled
  10. backout

The next time you click on an EN link you should be asked if you want to open in the desktop.  After that it will automatically do that, though there will be a browser window display.  FWIW.

Archived