18 hours ago, Mabel Pines said:

I'd like to remap the keyboard shortcut for Redo from Ctrl + Y to a custom one (Ctrl + Shift + Z), but I'm not seeing any way to do it. Is there one?

I think these are the only ones that are customizable within Evernote:

image.thumb.png.fc20e3db6fe1af8296cf8ccb63a27c4b.png

The following ones are pretty universal and hard to customize:

image.png.3b685b775b785881c10be6e08f4fb978.png

Not sure how to do that without messing with the registry (perhaps I am assuming) or using some kind of a text expander, script option. There are users who are into coding, programming, they may be able to help. But from what I know I don't think there is an easy way to do what you are wanting to do.

• Level 5*

Is your request because you want to use Ctrl+Y for a different purpose,  or you prefer to use Ctrl-Shift-Z?

Repurposing the shortcut won't work - Windows can be quite protective of its shortcuts.  You could easily set up another shortcut alongside it though,  with a text-expander or a script as suggested above.

Thanks for the help. The request is because I'd prefer to use Ctrl-Shift-Z -- I already use that for Photoshop, so it's easier on my brain if I use one Undo shortcut for everything. It would also be ideal to free up Ctrl + Y for something else, but that's only a bonus.

I use AutoHotKey for some things, so I'll look around for a way to set up an Evernote shortcut in it. If anybody reading this knows how to do it and wants to share, they're more than welcome.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:46 AM, TK0047 said:

Not sure how to do that without messing with the registry

You can't. The accelerator keys (shortcuts noted in menus) are part of the executable's binary (the ACCELERATORS table in the internal resources). I suppose you could open the .exe in a resource editor (like Visual Studio) and directly modify the binary... That's guaranteed to trigger an MSI repair operation during the next upgrade - which is likely to cause a 'cannot find the MSI' error message...

Archived