Windows Vista 32 bits: a functional version?

Hello everyone,

Following the crash of my PC, I'm forced to use an old acer, with Windows Vista 32 bits (I know, it's dynosaurian...). Many websites offer to download a version of Evernore valid for Windows Vista 32 bits but none is working for me, so far.

Does anyone know which version I could use? It would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Regards, Daniel.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Welcome to the Struldbrug Club.  I'd imagine you need to go back a long way to find a version that will sit comfortably with Vista,  but I dropped that OS a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g time ago and I can't remember what (if any) version of Evernote was current.  You also have the problem that the database architecture will have altered over that long a period,  so your current notes may be unusable if reverted back too far,  or if they are converted back to a Vista version you may have problems when you jump back to the present day. 

I'd recommend using Evernote Web for your existing account.  If you have to install an old version I suggest you start a new Basic account in Vista using Evernote 4.6 (See https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/7/) and share notes or notebooks from one account to the other if you need to work on your existing data.

"Some experimentation" (as they say) may be required to confirm that your data moves back and forth safely.  I'd also recommend backing up the Vista database to ENEX files regularly to ensure you don't lose anything at source.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived