How to install web clipper on iOs?

Arghh, I'm so frustrated. The 'support pages' instructions for installing Evernote web clipper on iOs does not clearly explain how it's done, and it refers to options or items that simply do not come up on my device. Help!

How do you install Evernote web clipper on iPhone?

I tried the 'Get Web Clipper for Safari' download from my email account on my iOs device, but this did nothing at all, and I suspect I need to find the installation specifically for iOs.

Thanks for any advice. 

• Level 5*

The web clippers are app extensions on the Windows/Mac platforms.

There is no web clipper available on the IOS platform.  We use the IOS Share feature  830686481_ScreenShot2018-06-18at09_46_56.png.b9536773ec7aad2be2c32e0abe1c84cf.png

• Like 2

Sorry, do you mean that there is no web clipper app for Evernote, and I CANNOT use web clipper on my iPhone's Safari browser?

If however I can, could you kindly provide step-by-step instructions?

This link is not very unhelpful:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313678-How-to-clip-web-pages-and-content-from-Android-and-iOS-devices?createdate=2018-05-28&em=ecospirit@protonmail.com&flash_digest=1dba6a3020fc79108788a725693eccf17d1af09b&sla=f368c7a8d&uid=189170952&un=ecospirit

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, temp77 said:

do you mean that there is no web clipper app for Evernote, and I CANNOT use web clipper on my iPhone's Safari browser?

Confirmed.IMG_2385.thumb.jpg.53033b1bc4b298f6f1b62f932f95b44c.jpg

Try the IOS Share feature

Safari is making the web page available, and you'll see a list of applications ready to process the data

IMG_2386.thumb.jpg.641b4156c281e204c51d4745b4588a6b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shane D. featured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, this clipper thing for iPad seems pretty basic? I would like to save either pics or selected text from websites or bookmark sites  directly to Evernote. I’m doing a refurb project so need to track ideas, suppliers, products etc. to Am I missing something in how 8m using Evernote? I have premium if it makes a difference  

I know ther are some die hard Evernote fans out there, but is there a better app that i could use to quickly collect this type of information? I usually browse on the go, so am usually using iPhone or iPad. 

Thanks all! 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Flight101 said:

Hi everyone, this clipper thing for iPad seems pretty basic? I would like to save either pics or selected text from websites or bookmark sites  directly to Evernote. I’m doing a refurb project so need to track ideas, suppliers, products etc. to Am I missing something in how 8m using Evernote? I have premium if it makes a difference  

I know ther are some die hard Evernote fans out there, but is there a better app that i could use to quickly collect this type of information? I usually browse on the go, so am usually using iPhone or iPad. 

I think all apps are limited by the OS  so you won't find a better web clipper solution.

You do have the option of selecting text  or pictures instead of the entire web page.
You can also capture to pdf, and then save the pdf to Evernote.

If you use the Workflow utility, you have options on the capture to Evernote; for example  bookmarks.

Using my iPad Pro, I can have Evernote open in a separate window and drag selections to a note

On 7/29/2018 at 6:16 PM, DTLow said:

I think all apps are limited by the OS  so you won't find a better web clipper solution.

Actually, this is what I came here looking for answers to and I've recently found this out not to be the case.

I had a play with Bear.app on iOS and when you use the same share dialogue it opens a more custom window that gives you options of what you'd like to share into that app; either web link, titled web link, or web page content.  The latter works just like Evernote web clipper on desktop browsers and does a really good job.  I was really surprised by this and was wondering why Evernote hasn't implemented something similar.  I've really liked the Bear app, it's got a very slick interface generally with good consistency between iOS and macOS, but Evernote is still a good deal ahead in terms of what I need in my workflow, I'd just like to see this feature implemented.

If you're interested in finding out what it looks like, it's free to use Bear on one device, so go have a look.  This is now my number one feature request of Evernote on iOS.

Interesting ... thanks for letting us know. I think Evernote is generally falling behind on innovative ideas. People use iOS much much more than they used to and tools to help workflows need to stay at the forefront. Yes, EN may be a fully searchable database of everything you’ve ever done. But it’s ***** if you can’t even put everything you do into it!!! 

• Level 5*
On 8/1/2018 at 1:50 PM, greu79 said:

Actually, this is what I came here looking for answers to and I've recently found this out not to be the case.

I had a play with Bear.app on iOS and when you use the same share dialogue it opens a more custom window that gives you options of what you'd like to share into that app; either web link, titled web link, or web page content.  The latter works just like Evernote web clipper on desktop browsers and does a really good job. 

I took a look at the Bear interface.  It's not a separate web clipper app but as you pointed out it provides more options.  
I like the prepend/append option; we can chose notes.

41987A08-D7DE-4777-AE55-7920CF220723.jpeg.e09e0c1bb2d689cd054bf9f98f0aa88d.jpeg