Jump to content
We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
EmpressG

Can no longer copy paste spreadsheets into EN

Recommended Posts

I know I used to be able to copy/paste a spreadsheet into a note.  I did it all the time when organizing past projects. Today when I tried to add one, it isn't going.  I get the text in one big list with spaces or I get nothing when I tried copying to a document, then pasting.  I would assume a recent upgrade is the issue.  Any suggestions?  I was using Libreoffice. 

 

Also I tried just dragging the document into the program and that didn't do anything either. I seem to recall it was possible, but since I would see little useful information, just a link,  I did not use it often. 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, EmpressG said:

I know I used to be able to copy/paste a spreadsheet into a note.  I did it all the time when organizing past projects. Today when I tried to add one, it isn't going.  I get the text in one big list with spaces or I get nothing when I tried copying to a document, then pasting.  I would assume a recent upgrade is the issue.  Any suggestions?  I was using Libreoffice. 

 

Also I tried just dragging the document into the program and that didn't do anything either. I seem to recall it was possible, but since I would see little useful information, just a link,  I did not use it often. 

Yeah something squirrelly here, just tried it. 

I did find, however, if you copy/paste the cells and then right click inside that table area you can select Update Table to get the table format.  It looks like a table is being created but without the formatting.  Small PITA, but still a PITA.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, could you step by step the procedure for that.  I have my spreadsheet and I copy it (it is 5x20 ) then paste it...where ?  In the first cell on a table also 5x20?  When I paste it into a table all the info goes into that cell, just like it was if I paste it onto the page by itself, just in a single cell.  I see no right  click Update table choice, only add rows, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EmpressG said:

Sorry, could you step by step the procedure for that.  I have my spreadsheet and I copy it (it is 5x20 ) then paste it...where ?  In the first cell on a table also 5x20?  When I paste it into a table all the info goes into that cell, just like it was if I paste it onto the page by itself, just in a single cell.  I see no right  click Update table choice, only add rows, etc. 

  1. Copy the 5x20 in the spreadsheet.
  2. Create a new note and right click paste into it (or someplace in an existing note I suppose)
  3. Position the cursor withing the recent paste and right click (in the example below I clicked on the diagonal between Col 1 and Col 4).
  4. Select upgrade table.
  5. Before and after below.

ScreenClip.png.7cbba6d443722e1976b668e3739f7d46.png     ScreenClip.png.38a7ff398e567c37b095468a92642f11.png

Share this post


Link to post

Not working for me...

I get no columns, just a list.

image.png.82bc82657fa226f0122a4925b6ef4d0b.png

 

Upgrade table not a choice as I presume it won't paste as a table? 

 

I tried to screen shot that, but the right click box goes away if I try. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, EmpressG said:

Upgrade table not a choice as I presume it won't paste as a table? 

This is what I see.

Highlight the cells in the spreadsheet    ScreenClip.png.8bcb6cd31903fe3d1090c6b03c0d42b3.png

 

Right click - copy and paste into a note    ScreenClip.png.2590f48615dc58c10b76a5b7987737da.png

 

Right click anywhere in the text    Image.png.c4a6443596bf4c438a203117cfb9d2ab.png

 

Select Upgrade Table and this is what I get   ScreenClip.png.6ae87a65804e4bcc3555ef388492f0b9.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mine is definitely not pasting as any sort of table, hence the lack of upgrade table.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, EmpressG said:

Mine is definitely not pasting as any sort of table, hence the lack of upgrade table.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

You might try a File - Exit to reset EN.  Something funky is going on for sure, but before you go to the trouble of a reinstall a reset is worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...