We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
EmpressG

Can no longer copy paste spreadsheets into EN

I know I used to be able to copy/paste a spreadsheet into a note.  I did it all the time when organizing past projects. Today when I tried to add one, it isn't going.  I get the text in one big list with spaces or I get nothing when I tried copying to a document, then pasting.  I would assume a recent upgrade is the issue.  Any suggestions?  I was using Libreoffice. 

Also I tried just dragging the document into the program and that didn't do anything either. I seem to recall it was possible, but since I would see little useful information, just a link,  I did not use it often. 

46 minutes ago, EmpressG said:

I know I used to be able to copy/paste a spreadsheet into a note.  I did it all the time when organizing past projects. Today when I tried to add one, it isn't going.  I get the text in one big list with spaces or I get nothing when I tried copying to a document, then pasting.  I would assume a recent upgrade is the issue.  Any suggestions?  I was using Libreoffice. 

Also I tried just dragging the document into the program and that didn't do anything either. I seem to recall it was possible, but since I would see little useful information, just a link,  I did not use it often. 

Yeah something squirrelly here, just tried it. 

I did find, however, if you copy/paste the cells and then right click inside that table area you can select Update Table to get the table format.  It looks like a table is being created but without the formatting.  Small PITA, but still a PITA.

Sorry, could you step by step the procedure for that.  I have my spreadsheet and I copy it (it is 5x20 ) then paste it...where ?  In the first cell on a table also 5x20?  When I paste it into a table all the info goes into that cell, just like it was if I paste it onto the page by itself, just in a single cell.  I see no right  click Update table choice, only add rows, etc. 

1 hour ago, EmpressG said:

Sorry, could you step by step the procedure for that.  I have my spreadsheet and I copy it (it is 5x20 ) then paste it...where ?  In the first cell on a table also 5x20?  When I paste it into a table all the info goes into that cell, just like it was if I paste it onto the page by itself, just in a single cell.  I see no right  click Update table choice, only add rows, etc. 

1. Copy the 5x20 in the spreadsheet.
  2. Create a new note and right click paste into it (or someplace in an existing note I suppose)
  3. Position the cursor withing the recent paste and right click (in the example below I clicked on the diagonal between Col 1 and Col 4).
  4. Select upgrade table.
  5. Before and after below.

ScreenClip.png.7cbba6d443722e1976b668e3739f7d46.png     ScreenClip.png.38a7ff398e567c37b095468a92642f11.png

Not working for me...

I get no columns, just a list.

image.png.82bc82657fa226f0122a4925b6ef4d0b.png

Upgrade table not a choice as I presume it won't paste as a table? 

I tried to screen shot that, but the right click box goes away if I try. 

3 hours ago, EmpressG said:

Upgrade table not a choice as I presume it won't paste as a table? 

This is what I see.

Highlight the cells in the spreadsheet    ScreenClip.png.8bcb6cd31903fe3d1090c6b03c0d42b3.png

Right click - copy and paste into a note    ScreenClip.png.2590f48615dc58c10b76a5b7987737da.png

Right click anywhere in the text    Image.png.c4a6443596bf4c438a203117cfb9d2ab.png

Select Upgrade Table and this is what I get   ScreenClip.png.6ae87a65804e4bcc3555ef388492f0b9.png

• Like 1

Mine is definitely not pasting as any sort of table, hence the lack of upgrade table.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

2 minutes ago, EmpressG said:

Mine is definitely not pasting as any sort of table, hence the lack of upgrade table.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

You might try a File - Exit to reset EN.  Something funky is going on for sure, but before you go to the trouble of a reinstall a reset is worth a try.