Wrapping and resizing problems with tables

I was having trouble with the last column of a table not having the text wrap as it should.  And often I couldn't make the table wider -- the marker to resize on the right wouldn't appear, and it would be darker than the usual column boundary.  It's been a pain for a while until I found a workaround.   The problem is easily duplicated:

1. create a 2x2 table in a new note
  2. put some long text in there that needs wrapping, especially in column 2
  3. shrink the window's width past the right edge of the table.  The table will retreat in size leaving a margin on the right and a darker edge to the right border of the table. Now the right column cannot be made wider and any long text in it will not be visible unless you use your mouse in the text

To resolve: widen the window out enough so that the thin right border of the table appears.  Now all the text is visible and wrapping normally, and you can adjust your table size. Then you can readjust the table width if you want and resize the window.  Hopefully this helps some others, at least until EN fixes it.

I'm on Win 10 running 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829) but it's been a problem for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, BaliDave said:

I was having trouble with the last column of a table not having the text wrap as it should.  And often I couldn't make the table wider -- the marker to resize on the right wouldn't appear, and it would be darker than the usual column boundary.  It's been a pain for a while until I found a workaround.   The problem is easily duplicated:

1. create a 2x2 table in a new note
  2. put some long text in there that needs wrapping, especially in column 2
  3. shrink the window's width past the right edge of the table.  The table will retreat in size leaving a margin on the right and a darker edge to the right border of the table. Now the right column cannot be made wider and any long text in it will not be visible unless you use your mouse in the text

To resolve: widen the window out enough so that the thin right border of the table appears.  Now all the text is visible and wrapping normally, and you can adjust your table size. Then you can readjust the table width if you want and resize the window.  Hopefully this helps some others, at least until EN fixes it.

I'm on Win 10 running 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829) but it's been a problem for a while.

I am on V6.7 so not sure it is happening. Tried to follow your direction, here is what I got:

image.png.55cc93d292d3631c4721d7cdbf60e42e.png

Can you share you screenshot?

Archived