I am new to using evernote and am hoping the community might help with a best practices question. I am using it to curate interesting articles I find. When I find an article worth saving, I'd like to attach or include a 3 (or so) bullet point summary of an article for my own quick reference. I have the clipper function. What is suggested?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gcmahonj said:

I am new to using evernote and am hoping the community might help with a best practices question. I am using it to curate interesting articles I find. When I find an article worth saving, I'd like to attach or include a 3 (or so) bullet point summary of an article for my own quick reference. I have the clipper function. What is suggested?

I'm not sure about all clippers but Chrome has an "Add Remark" area when you clip from the web.  You can add your summary there and it will get added to the note created when you clip the article.

8 hours ago, gcmahonj said:

Besides the remark you can make, you might want to think about a tagging (category) structure for easier retrieval later.

For examples, if the articles are related to "Self Improvement", or "technology" or "team management" or "Software" or "finance" or "HR" etc. you can use those tags. Depending on the volume and type you can add more detailed tags as well or add a PEOPLE component to it. Or it is related to a project you are working on, or a blog post, you can create tags that will allow you to pull all articles that will be useful or referenced in that blog post.

You don't have to decide on all tags up front, your needs and future search frustrations will help you fine tune it as you go.

Good luck. 

Archived