Windows 10 Sets feature

The Windows 10 Sets windows interface, a part of the upcoming Redstone 5, is intended to unify a project by a single window with tabs for the different applications. Evernote does not play with this however. I would like to be able to use the nice tabbed interface for separate documents, and to combine a specific Evernote note, or notes, with the other views of my project. I note that OneNote does work this way.

Note that currently it is necessary to add Evernote to the "can't be included" list under Settings/System/Multitasking/Sets; otherwise it immediately crashes, as observed by a previous post on Sets.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Toby said:

I would like to be able to use the nice tabbed interface for separate documents, and to combine a specific Evernote note, or notes

We have tabs on the Mac platform but Evernote hasn't taken the UI futher50015411_ScreenShot2018-06-07at14_16_19.png.1a91884c252160f0de8b30850d77ecc2.png

I'd also like to see sub-documents stored as tabs of a combined note.  
In some of my projects, I simulate this using a Table-of-Contents at the top of project notes.  It's formatted as columns in a table

16 hours ago, Toby said:

The Windows 10 Sets windows interface, a part of the upcoming Redstone 5, is intended to unify a project by a single window with tabs for the different applications. Evernote does not play with this however. I would like to be able to use the nice tabbed interface for separate documents, and to combine a specific Evernote note, or notes, with the other views of my project. I note that OneNote does work this way.

I like this! I did not know about the "Sets" which sounds really promising after reading about it.

It is a basic and a good idea as when we work on something, we are generally using multiple apps, websites etc. 

I would also like an internal tabbing within the Evernote app too, not like the Mac version for opening a new tab for all your notes. It would basically allow you to add tabs WITHIN your note. So let's say you want to keep photos related to that note separate so that it is not making your note so long, you will have a TAB at the bottom of the note that says PHOTOS. So you click to that tab, you have a thumbnail interface for all the photos. You can have a CALENDAR tab, which can show you a calendar view for example. 

Software, Notion, is kind of doing this from what I could tell. I have not played with it yet but I would welcome something like this. Not sure if it would take away the simplicity of a note though. Sometimes we get too carried away with features, while the simplistic approach is generally the best one.

Archived