i received a word document (all text), which i clipped into EN. but now, viewing it on the ipad, the text is so small that it's nearly unreadable. so, in EN/mac, i enlarged the type by 3 sizes and synced. however, after syncing on the iPad, the text remains tiny. of course i can unpinch to enlarge the text, but EN/ipad doesn't rewrap the text, so i then have to slide the page back and forth, just to read the text.

have i overlooked the solution to this on the ipad? :-)

(by the way, the synced note is perfectly readable on the iphone, because the default font-size is considerably larger.)

if there's no current solution, may i suggest:

• the default font-size on the ipad should be larger.

• it would be fantastic if EN/ipad would rewrap text after we've resized it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problems with font size being so ridiculously small. It's such an obvious problem, I simply can't understand why they released the iPad version with this problem in the first place. Maybe if more people would start speaking up about it, Evernote would listen and fix it. How hard can it be? I've spent an enormous amount of time trying to find a work around, but I'm about at my wits end. The ONLY reason I even use Evernote in the first place is due to the iPad version but it's broke and not much use to me in it's present state.

I have the same problems with font size being so ridiculously small. It's such an obvious problem, I simply can't understand why they released the iPad version with this problem in the first place. Maybe if more people would start speaking up about it, Evernote would listen and fix it. How hard can it be? I've spent an enormous amount of time trying to find a work around, but I'm about at my wits end. The ONLY reason I even use Evernote in the first place is due to the iPad version but it's broke and not much use to me in it's present state.

i, too, am surprised it was released this way.

Same here. Soon after the iPad's announcement, long before it was available for sale, I subscribed to Evernote's premium service, moved all my notes/files to Evernote, preparing for the day when I can read them with Evernote on the iPad. The iPad has only been available in Hong Kong recently and I immediately bought one. Almost the first thing I did was to install Evernote, and immediately I got caught up with the small font size problem. After all that exciting anticipation with the Evernote + iPad combo, it's been a real disappointment to find that many many of my notes can't be read properly because of the font size problem. :(:(:(

Sheesh...some people complain about the most trivial of things.

Here's how I deal with this. First make sure you're in landscape view. Now click on the double arrows to expand the note to full screen. Then simply enlarge the text to a point where you can read it by using the standard iPad spread-pinch gesture. It's just that simple. Now all you need to do is scroll endlessly back and forth so you can actually see all the text.

Sheesh...some people complain about the most trivial of things.

[...] Now all you need to do is scroll endlessly back and forth so you can actually see all the text.

i assume you're being sarcastic. but without a smiley or some other indicator, your intent is ambiguous. to most of us, the endless scrolling back and forth is completely unacceptable. i suspect that's your opinion, as well, although stated perhaps a bit too subtly.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also seeing some oddities with Font Sizing. Below are two screen shots; The top is on my iMac and the bottom is the same document from my iPad.

QxqLZ.jpg

As you can see font sizing on the iPad is all over the place, 13 ends up being much larger than 18. Hopefully this is something that the Evernote team is aware of and will be able to address...

• 5 weeks later...

Is this because the iOS Evernote app cannot handle HTML, hence not being able to rewrap?

Only if EN could overcome this issue...

I guess the issue is not "zoom" but "enlarge"

Dev team please input the status on this case. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

I'm also very frustrated, especially paying the premium price, this can at least be a feature for us to increase the font size to scale and wrap to screen accordingly...seems so small a fix...yes, please make this recent EN user happy!

It seems that evernote does not keep don't parity between web, mobile, and desktop versions. Web and desktop seem to use helvetica and desktop seems to do arial. I have a feeling that evernote ignores font sizes when it can't match a font family. I used to set the font size to 8 or 9 point font in the desktop or web client and the font was synced to the phone. I'm having trouble getting this to work now, I'm not sure if it broke when I updated or if it broke when I set the default font to be 8 or 9 point instead of 12.

Either way, the result is the same, it doesn't work, and there appears to be no way for me to reliably fix it anymore. I used to be able to do the simplify formatting trick to reset things and get the above trick to work but again that no longer seems to work. It should not be this hard, if they are going to expose font control, even partially, it shouldn't be a lie. Does anyone have any other tricks for getting this to work?

My request is the same, I want font control to work. 12 point font is way too large for my iphone and ipad.

It's a good product, I bought it for both me and my spouse, but this is a weak spot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
23 hours ago, algomusic said:

Font size control on the iPad version of EN continues to be a problem. The only solution I've found is to increase font size on my Mac then sync. Not ideal. EN, please add font size controls to the iOS client.

I like the template workaround that was posted at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/60325-how-can-i-change-the-font-size-in-the-evernote-client-for-ios/?do=findComment&comment=415573

The point was to create a template note with the fonts listed below and you would always have the fonts available

Text 72
Text 64
Text 48
Text 36
Text 24
Text 18
Text 14

Archived