Jump to content

MacOS 10.14 Mojave causing Evernote Crash


Recommended Posts

Evernote Premium & Business operating on Mac App without issue. 2016 15 inch MBP w TB. Installed MacOS 10.14 Mojave Beta and now experiencing crash on start. Have uninstalled and reinstalled without resolution. Thoughts? (Other than “what did you expect with a Beta OS?”)

Link to comment
  • Level 5*

That's too bad; welcome to the bleeding edge.

You'll need to be patient for an update from Evernote, or an Apple update to the OS.

In the meantime, I just wanted to make sure you knew about accessing your notes using the web platform (www.evernote.com)

Its not a great replacement; just a fallback.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff

The Mac team is at WWDC this year and we are very excited about all the new features coming to Mojave later this year.

We are aware of this issue and we will investigate it in the very near future.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Mark Miller said:

The Mac team is at WWDC this year and we are very excited about all the new features coming to Mojave later this year.

We are aware of this issue and we will investigate it in the very near future.

Thank you Mark... Appreciate the Reply... Now wishing that I had not been so quick to jump into Mojave because Evernote has become key in our organization. I can use the Web version but it is not as feature rich in a business environment. Looking forward to upcoming versions of both MacOS and Evernote to restore compatibility.

Thank You again...

Link to comment
On 6/8/2018 at 5:24 AM, Mark Miller said:

The Mac team is at WWDC this year and we are very excited about all the new features coming to Mojave later this year.

We are aware of this issue and we will investigate it in the very near future.

any new thoughts on the topic of Evernote with Mojave crashing ?

Link to comment

I had to revert back to high Sierra...

If anyone has any feedback about MacOS 10.14 Mojave BETA 2 please post their results here. Hopefully they have fixed whatever incompatibility that was causing the Evernote App to crash on startup.

Thoughts?

Link to comment

Running Evernote App in IOS 12 Beta 2 with Premium account and Business account still slower than usual with advanced features like audio recording and camera access seeing significant delays. App is otherwise functional.

Very disappointed to hear that Evernote app for MacOS is still crashing. I switched back to MacOS High Sierra because of several compatibility issues with apps and Safari issues with certain websites.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Both the app store version and the direct download are crashing. I just updated my phone to the new version of iOS 12 so I shall see if there are any problems there next.

For me it is a problem with Evernote which Evernote would have to fix. Seems the Development team is gone quiet, despite their attendance at WWDC.

 

Doesn't leave me with a good feeling that we get an updated version soon, but still hoping. ~ Uwe

Link to comment
在 2018/6/7 在 AM3點06分, GCC_MD說:

Evernote Premium & Business operating on Mac App without issue. 2016 15 inch MBP w TB. Installed MacOS 10.14 Mojave Beta and now experiencing crash on start. Have uninstalled and reinstalled without resolution. Thoughts? (Other than “what did you expect with a Beta OS?”)

You can use the Alternote.

Link to comment

Here on BETA2 Evernote still crashes, like it did with every Mac BETA in history, for me Evernote is the only app that doesn't work on the Mac BETAS. But then again it never did with previous BETAS since they have a Mac app.

It isn't fun because if Evernote worked on this BETA I would have a 100% score on working apps for me and would be able to use it as my daily driver. But then again it is not Evernote's fault and all users here demanding that Evernote should fix this are really wrong. Evernote should take there time, fix these errors and have until September 2018 (aprox.) to do so. Please don't install a developer BETA if you aren't a developer, do yourself a favour and let de Evernote developers do there work. 

If Evernote releases a BETA that works with Mac BETA, hooray!! and i'll install it, but if not, see you in Mac FINAL in September.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Mark Miller said:

@Sayre Ambrosio @Uwe Moeschel @GCCMD @PaulvSchaik We have a fix for this particular crash and will be releasing an update soon.

Oh thank goodness. I keep telling people that you were on it and I would let them know. A few were ready to jump ship. As soon as I install and test I will let them know. Can’t wait for the update. ??

Oh will it be for Direct download only or both?

Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff
1 hour ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Oh thank goodness. I keep telling people that you were on it and I would let them know. A few were ready to jump ship. As soon as I install and test I will let them know. Can’t wait for the update. ??

Oh will it be for Direct download only or both?

It will be available via direct download in our next beta release (7.3 beta 1). Eventually it will get into the Mac App Store when we release our 7.3 GA (general availability) update.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Mark Miller said:

It will be available via direct download in our next beta release (7.3 beta 1). Eventually it will get into the Mac App Store when we release our 7.3 GA (general availability) update.

I'll make sure I have the direct download on my machine then :) Thank you again for the update.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
21 minutes ago, kmkonline said:

Its really important for me to view several notes with attachments without downloading it. 

Try the web platform via www.evernote.com

Link to comment

Evernote latest iOS ver just solved this issue in iOS 12 Beta already. Hope Mac ver can fix the problem ASAP, I fully understand macOS is still in beta, however, there are so many beta users, hope Evernote can solve it for us, otherwise we cannot use it for a few months :(

Link to comment

Something I should have mentioned in my earlier post: Evernote for Windows runs really well under WINE, and getting it up and running isn't hard. I'd forgotten that I did this the last time EN went through a crash-y phase, and re-discovered it a couple days ago, still set up.

If the web version isn't cutting it for you, this might.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, stephen_bradley said:

Something I should have mentioned in my earlier post: Evernote for Windows runs really well under WINE, and getting it up and running isn't hard. I'd forgotten that I did this the last time EN went through a crash-y phase, and re-discovered it a couple days ago, still set up.

If the web version isn't cutting it for you, this might.

May I have more instruction on how to do it? 

Thanks 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Metrodon said:

I'm always surprised at the number of people who will install a beta version of an OS on a machine that they are dependent on.........

I do it every time, but I'm an IT pro and sometimes-developer, and I'm confident I can work around any issues that crop up. The betas have always been good to me, with very few show-stopping issues. The last two major releases, it's only been Evernote that's broken, and I have 3 alternate ways of getting to that (Windows VM, Wine, Web). 

As a rule, I do tell people to not do it though, unless they've got spare equipment. Just because I don't want them coming to me when things break.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

I'm new to the developer world and want to thank you for this. :) I wasn't too worried since I have a secondary machine, but this is neat. I shall give it a try.

You're welcome. The instructions are pretty sparse, as they were just to job my memory. If you run into any problems, feel free to ask.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, GCCMD said:

Anyone with any luck using 7.3 Beta 1 and Mojave Beta 2???

 

Yes, but I had to completely remove the existing Evernote before it would stop crashing. I used App Cleaner (because I'm lazy), it wipes out pretty much everything, so you're signing back in and re-syncing from zero.

However, it isn't crashing yet, so that's fine.

Side-list view has a gray vertical bar that jumps around as you scroll, seems like it's an artifact of the selection highlighting. That's all I've seen so far in terms of weirdness. To be fair, it's still syncing, so bad things could yet happen as it downloads all that data.

Link to comment
13 hours ago, kmkonline said:

Its working well during my first day of use when it sync from scratch... 

Then it will have problem when I start to create note or do copy and paste work. 

 

Basically the same here. But it had nothing to do with copy and paste. I just created a new note and started filling it in and then it started crashing again.

Link to comment

Maybe the crashing has to do with creating and syncing. I find it really slow in the syncing part. When I move notes they wil stay in the old location for a really long time and eventually sync to the right location. And I do mean really slow .......

we create a lot of notes during the day from pdf and other files and from a lot of other apps. We collect them in a notebook which is called .inbox and at the and of the day we move them and tag them. This moving is really slow. 

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, PaulvSchaik said:

Maybe the crashing has to do with creating and syncing. I find it really slow in the syncing part. When I move notes they wil stay in the old location for a really long time and eventually sync to the right location. And I do mean really slow .......

we create a lot of notes during the day from pdf and other files and from a lot of other apps. We collect them in a notebook which is called .inbox and at the and of the day we move them and tag them. This moving is really slow. 

Are you using a business account when this happens? I know that the way notes are moved has changed when moving them from personal to business. It no longer deletes the copy once it's moved over. It actually just creates a new copy into the business side of things and leaves the original note where it is. Maybe that's what's going on?

Link to comment

Nope it’s all business to business moves 

3 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Are you using a business account when this happens? I know that the way notes are moved has changed when moving them from personal to business. It no longer deletes the copy once it's moved over. It actually just creates a new copy into the business side of things and leaves the original note where it is. Maybe that's what's going on?

Nope it’s all business to business moves. Personal side of the account is never used, I really hate the split account stuff. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, PaulvSchaik said:

Nope it’s all business to business moves 

Nope it’s all business to business moves. Personal side of the account is never used, I really hate the split account stuff. 

Well shoot. I was hoping I was on to something there. ;) 

 

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...