Tags Filters in Tag Tree

NITIN SHAH

Idea

Hi, I'm premium user of Evernote. 

I suggest that in the Note & Tags Tree panel, a filter button with Drop down arrow to be provided so that when we filter the Note or Tag , than in the Note & Tag Tree it self only the filter Selection is displayed . 

Secondly  filter should also allow the multiple & non adjuscant item selection. 

And till the time filter is checked off it should get displayed. 

From productivity perspective this will be very helpful since e.g If i have tags for project 001, project 002, etc than I can filter say Tag Project 001 , and all notes are displayed in the note view & like that. 

Nitin Shah 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, NITIN SHAH said:

From productivity perspective this will be very helpful since e.g If i have tags for project 001, project 002, etc than I can filter say Tag Project 001 , and all notes are displayed in the note view & like that. 

Could you add more detail to your request.1048787977_ScreenShot2018-06-06at09_47_41.png.b5543f8c9cd0dd11dd4803a1e4fa1259.png
On my Mac, I have a tag picker list which filters the notes in the notes list.

In IOS, the picker list is even better.  It allows for multiple tag selections

Thanks for Swift response . 

I'm on windows 7 

In the Side panel side bar there is section of Note and Tag having + & search sign . 

e.gI can go to Tag & click on find icon (magnifying glass) than following things happen 

1. The dialogue box gets opens with filtered selection. e.g For Proj 001 the tags are like 

Project-001-concept 

Project -001-planning 

Project-001-execution

Project-001-billing 

now based on filter say Project-001 , all above 4 tags are displayed and i select say Project-001-concept , than the relevant notes are displayed however the Tag filter dialogue box goes off and for selection of say Project-001-planning , again all above steps has to be done, which is time taking . instead of that just based on Tag filter selection in the side bar itself it should be allowed to choose 2 or more non adjuscant Tags and once filter selection only these selected tags are displayed and other gets hidden . And these stays till filters are aginst put off. 

I m having large no of tags (>2000) and just curser highliute is not suficient . 

The requested feature is there in Onenote and by making it available in Evernote , will add it's further utility

Nitin Shah 

I am having some difficulty visualizing the idea, in part since I am not familiar with the word adjuscant, do you mean adjacent?

Anyway, my suggestion would be to try additional tags with different meaning groups, basically What, Where When, Completion etc.

I don't use those words literally, but I use their meaning idea in my tags:

"What" tags include Projects, Work, Family, Music, etc.

Where would be At Home, At Work, etc.

When tags would be Now, Later, Soon, Someday, etc

Completion include Active, Inactive, Done, etc.

When I select Projects, Music, Active, I got a number of notes, but then I clicked off Projects, and was left with Music and Active, this left me with a different number of notes, maybe not even the same notes, depending on whether I tagged the notes with"Projects", etc.

Plus there is creation date, Update date, Reminder Time, etc, which I don't use, but don't seem that complicated to use with Saved Searches.

I am just thinking of how to approximate your idea with the available tools.  I have seen filters in other software before (didn't try OneNote filters), I think the available tools probably serve the same purpose as filters, even if not as convenient. 

Naturally the more tools they add to Evernote, the better, I am all for more tools.

Archived