One character changes from Courier to default font

Plucky Panda

Idea

I set the font to Courier for a few lines in a note. I want those lines of text to be exactly equal in length, hence the monospace font choice. However, one character will spontaneously change to the default font. I can tell because suddenly one line of text is shorter than the rest. I change the text to Courier again, everything lines up nicely again, but after a while, one character changes. Again. Initially the same line of text was affected. I reworded that line, and now it’s a different line that’s repeatedly affected.

i use Windows and an iPad. 

I posted here about this problem a month ago, and someone said I should delete and reinstall EN on my PC and iPad, Did that. Everything was fine for a while, then it happened again. Any other suggestions?

5 replies to this idea

11 hours ago, Plucky Panda said:

I set the font to Courier for a few lines in a note. I want those lines of text to be exactly equal in length, hence the monospace font choice. However, one character will spontaneously change to the default font. I can tell because suddenly one line of text is shorter than the rest. I change the text to Courier again, everything lines up nicely again, but after a while, one character changes. Again. Initially the same line of text was affected. I reworded that line, and now it’s a different line that’s repeatedly affected.

i use Windows and an iPad. 

I posted here about this problem a month ago, and someone said I should delete and reinstall EN on my PC and iPad, Did that. Everything was fine for a while, then it happened again. Any other suggestions?

Does it only happen in one specific note or it happens in different notes? Try creating a brand new blank note and recreate the note without copy pasting if it is not a lot of work. 

9 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

Does it only happen in one specific note or it happens in different notes? Try creating a brand new blank note and recreate the note without copy pasting if it is not a lot of work. 

It only happens in one specific note, but I only use Courier in that note. The entire note is too long to retype, but I can try retyping that single line.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Plucky Panda said:

It only happens in one specific note, but I only use Courier in that note. The entire note is too long to retype, but I can try retyping that single line.

Also use the simplify/plain text command to remove any hidden codes behind the text.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Also use the simplify/plain text command to remove any hidden codes behind the text.

I copied the block of Courier text to a new note, used the simplify/plain text command, and then copied the text back. Now to wait and see if that fixed the problem or if it will recur a month or two down the road.

My thanks to both of you for your help.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Plucky Panda said:

In the past I have done a Ctrl+A in the note and then changed the font.  This seemed to work in maintaining the font when editing later.

Archived