Shared notes not syncing

Dear Forum

Please help! I'm having issues syncing notes created in a notebook which was shared with me. I've tried:

Ensuring that Evernote is up to date and that there are no more than 2 devices associated with my account

Logging out and back in

Uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote

Rebooting my phone

Had the notebook creator remove my sharing access and re-share it

Checking the status of the Evernote servers

None of these steps have resolved the issue. Whenever I try to sync I get the message "Network error. Please try again later." All other notes in my account are syncing without issue. 

Any suggestions? 

The same error I get. My wife has a premium account and shared and notebook to me so we can share notes. When I am using my Samsung S8 phone and try to sync a note created on the notebook she shared, it is not syncing. This only happens when using my Samsung S8 phone ( I tried doing it on a browser on my laptop and it is syncing). I think this happened on my phone since April after installing the latest update.

Found any sollition on this? We are using evernote in our company and all Android users are experience this problem. iOs and PC clients are working as it should.

Notes are downloaded and updatet but notes created on a Android device is not uploaded and the error message "Network error. Please try again" is displayed.

Android users are able to edit shared notes.

I suspect the last patch to have messed something up since our problems started at the same time the new pach was released.

I have the same error.

1) I have Premium account and I have shared notebooks with my wife.

2) My wife has basic account. When she tries to synchronize note in shared folder, Evernote on Android  displays error message "network error. please try again."  (Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo)

I have reinstalled Evernote, deleted database etc. Nothing works, the problem mentioned above appears again.

This is a very annoying bug. :(

I experience the same issue: when my wife creates notes in the notebook I shared with her on her Galaxy S5, the notes don't sync. We moved the notes to her regular notebook and they synced fine, but when we tried to move the notes to the shared notebook from web interface, the shared notebook has lockpad icon and cannot be chosen. I've double checked her permissions, and they look fine (read/write/invite).

I'd appreciate some official response on this please.

I'm a long time evernote (free) user. I need to collaborate with someone on a project and decided evernote would be a good platform to do it.

But we've run into a problem before we've even got started. When setting up our shared notebooks we soon discovered that any note created by either of us on an ANDROID device in a notebook (created by either of us and shared with editing permissions) does not sync to the evernote servers.

I can create a note outside the shared notebook and share that note with my partner and all works as expected – the note syncs and the other person can edit the note and it re-syncs no problem.

Also – any note I created on the web version (and moved to the shared notebooks) using my iMac and chrome CAN be edited by the other person and syncs OK.

But – any note created on an android device within a shared notebook does not sync and the note has a little green up arrow top right of the note in note list view to indicate the failed sync,

when forcing a sync the evernote android app gives the error - NETWORK ERROR, Unable to sync files (or something similar).

We've gone through all the troubleshooting procedures on the EN site and none has fixed this issue.

We've both tried creating notes in the shared notebook using an android device and we are both having the same issue.

I discovered that we may not be the only people to have this problem when I found this recent post on the EN forums: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/113878-shared-notes-not-syncing/

I've had this problem for two weeks now. I just created a new account to use for work related things. 

One of the EN troubleshooting tips was to delete your trash. I did this, i regret this. Anyone else having this issue, don't do it if you don't have to.

If there isn't a straight forward answer to this question i'm going to have to abandon Evernote for both personal and work. This would be an anticlimactic end to a 7 year journey.

My wife and I have been having the same problem for about 3weeks.    We've gone through all the normal install/uninstall/clear cache/clear data on all of our registered devices.  

She's ready to abandon evernote. 

I tried to access "email support" and it kicks me out every time.  :( 

The OP is the person whom I'd shared the notebook with and interestingly I have a plus account and theirs is basic. This is a similar situation to others on here. As there has been no official response on here I raised a support ticket (#2571353) yesterday. 

Thanks for responses. Although it's not good that we're experiencing this issue, it's comforting to know that it would indeed seem to be a genuine bug and it's not just a weird problem that I'm having. I just hope that the guys at EN are aware of it and working to resolve. I'm not paid member so I can't send bug report direct to them.

Notes are syncing! I just noticed yesterday (Thursday, June 14, 2018) my notes in my shared folder started syncing automatically. (I didn't do any updates or app re-installs.) Crossing my fingers this is a permanent fix!!

Notes are syncing! I just noticed yesterday (Thursday, June 14, 2018) my notes in my shared folder started syncing automatically. (I didn't do any updates or app re-installs.) Crossing my fingers this is a permanent fix!! Check your notes/notebooks and see if yours are working now as well. I hope it's not a fluke!

• Level 5

Hey All,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Apologies for the delay, we've been further investigating into reports of this issue.

We believe we were able to identify the root cause of the issue, and have instituted service level updates that should hopefully fix it from behind the scenes.

Meaning, you shouldn't have to update your Evernote App on your Android to get the syncing to work properly.

If possible, please go ahead and retry syncing the notes, and let me know if the issue persists!

• Level 5
24 minutes ago, mjfoster77 said:

Notes are syncing! I just noticed yesterday (Thursday, June 14, 2018) my notes in my shared folder started syncing automatically. (I didn't do any updates or app re-installs.) Crossing my fingers this is a permanent fix!! Check your notes/notebooks and see if yours are working now as well. I hope it's not a fluke!

See @Shane D.'s post in a related thread for an explanation:

Hi all.

I have the simple problem with the app.

If someone share a note with me by link via messenger it opens normally. After any changes made to the notes another link also shared with me. When I open second link in application - only first note shown and no changes applied. When I open second link in browser - all is fine.

Is there any solution for the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I use iPhone and laptop for Evernote and not very computer savy. I purchased new laptop and deleted the old HP laptop connection so I only have two devices to sync. I have some items showing up on my original iPhone, but not on the new Microsoft Surface Book 2. The left side on iPhone Evernote App looks different from the laptop Evernote App so it's hard for me to compare. Any suggestions or procedures would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't figure out how to contact Evernote Support. Thanks.

I use iPhone and laptop for Evernote and not very computer savy. I purchased new laptop and deleted the old HP laptop connection so I only have two devices to sync. I have some items showing up on my original iPhone, but not on the new Microsoft Surface Book 2. The left side on iPhone Evernote App looks different from the laptop Evernote App so it's hard for me to compare. Any suggestions or procedures would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't figure out how to contact Evernote Support. Thanks.

• Level 5

Hi @lauren666, and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, if you have a Basic account, I'm not sure you really have much way of contacting Evernote Support. They used to have a Twitter connection, but checking the Help pages I'm not seeing that today. (But I may just not know where to look, since I'm not on Twitter.)

This thread was about shared notes not syncing, which doesn't seem to be your situation. Also, this is the forum for Android support, so there may not be folks looking in on this who can help much with iPhone and a Windows laptop.

All that aside, it sounds like (though I'm not familiar with iPhone, so I may be misunderstanding) you have notes on the iPhone that are not syncing to the Windows Evernote app on the Surface Book. Have you checked the Evernote Web interface? Go to https://www.evernote.com/Login.action and sign in. This shows your notes as they are stored on Evernote's servers, which is their primary location. Check there to see whether you see the notes from the iPhone.

If your notes are present in the Web interface, then they have synced from the iPhone to the Evernote servers, so you haven't lost anything; and the problem is syncing from the servers to the app on the laptop. There have been some issues with syncing the last couple of days; I've had some slow syncs to the Windows program this morning. It may just be taking some time for them to get to the laptop.

If the notes are not present in the Web interface, then the sync issue is between the iPhone and Evernote's servers. It might be best to raise the question in the Evernote General Discussions forum, where people on iPhones may be more likely to see it and have some suggestions: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/53-evernote-general-discussions/. Hope this is some help.

Thank you Dave - you have been extremely helpful. I was not aware that I was on the Android Support Forum; so I will check out the Evernote General Discussions forum and also will check out the Evernote Web Interface (never knew about it). It's not easy to compare note for note between the laptop and iPhone because the views and note order vary. I'll try to find the time to do it. I did copy and paste it to a OneNote document just as a precaution. 

Archived