When I opened Evernote on my PC this morning, I got an icon and label in the taskbar, but the actual Evernote window does not open.  There is a brief flash which is maybe 1-2" long and a 1/4" high, which I can barely see.  The same thing happens if I right click the icon and do something like Find a Note.  If I hover over the icon I get a grey rectangle with an X in the corner.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, tmercerhursh said:

When I opened Evernote on my PC this morning, I got an icon and label in the taskbar, but the actual Evernote window does not open.  There is a brief flash which is maybe 1-2" long and a 1/4" high, which I can barely see.  The same thing happens if I right click the icon and do something like Find a Note.  If I hover over the icon I get a grey rectangle with an X in the corner.

May want to reboot your machine.

• Level 5*
Just now, tmercerhursh said:

That was on my list ... but will have to wait a bit.

Yeah, joys of computing.  Sometimes it's just easier to clean the slate and see if whatever it was goes away.  When it happens to me, typically not EN, more often than not with hot keys, it is some combo of apps corrupting all of them.  ☹️

• Level 5

FYI in case something similar happens, the Evernote icon in the Notification area (not the regular taskbar icon) has a right-click menu that includes Quit Evernote. That should force the program to shutdown, and things might work better when you restart it. Faster than a reboot, if it works!

Archived