Web UI desperately needs a 3-column view

someguy4528

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be any way to keep the list of notebooks on the screen persistently in the web UI?

I'm referring to a 3-column layout like that of the Windows client, in which you have a column on the left that displays your notebooks, a column in the middle that displays the notes in your selected notebook, and a wider column on the right that displays the selected note.

Being unable to keep these three columns on the screen when using the web UI is unbearable as a desktop user. I don't seem to be the first to point this out. But it's true, and you guys need to listen. It sucks. Fix it right meow.

I'm doing some work on Linux these days. Some of that work is a perfect fit for Evernote. Of course, there's no Linux client. So I thought to myself, "Let's check out the web version." Ugh.

I'm all for nice-looking designs. They just need to be functional, too. Making the user click incessantly on an icon to un-hide core functionality that could and should be present on the screen by default isn't great UX. That should really go without saying. Something that's going to add 100 totally unnecessary clicks to my day is something I'm not going to use.

Paying user actively looking for alternatives now. If I find something else with a functional web UI or clients for both Windows and Linux, I'm out.

Archived