Which email addresses are visible with Linkedin tie-in?

I have Linkedin linked with the Evernote Premium business card scanner.  When I scanned my own card, in addition to the work-related info from the card, I also saw 2 personal email addresses that I have on file with Linkedin.  Are these personal email addresses visible to other users of 'Evernote business card scanner', or just me?  I don't want others to see this.  I'm not a sole-proprietor, therefore obviously I have my personal email in my Linkedin account.  Any suggestions? (this would mean some modification to my Linkedin account I presume)

Also, I liked the option of emailing the person my contact info, but it requires changing my evernote email address to my work email.  I won't do that, Evernote is my personal repository.  Not sure why I can't just define a new email address for that purpose (after authenticating it of course).  Is my only option to create a separate evernote account just for work? (which obviously is a pain to be switching in/out on your phone)  Thanks!

justin

I scan business cards all the time but never tried to send my contact info option.

just tried it with my business card. Under the settings on the IOS, it looks like there are two areas related to email:

"Registered Email" and the "Email" under the contact info. 

It looks like I can change the email under contact info to whatever I want but changing the registered email will change how I log into Evernote.

When I shared my Linkedin profile, email came from a no-reply@evernote.com address with a link to my Linkedin Profile. There wasn't anything related to my personal email address at all. Actually, there wasn't any email listed at all in that. So i say try scanning your own business card, try it with your linkedin profile share and see what the email looks like.

If they connect with you, they will be able to see your primary email address in Linkedin, which you can obviously change. I have two emails with my profile and when I click my profile contact info, I see my personal email. I could make my work email as primary however.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.  My core question is if someone else, say YOU, scans my business card into Evernote and you have it linked with Linkedin, what do you see?  Will you see my personal email account or my work email account?  It's not clear to me what you would see and how I control it (without monkeying with where I might receive a job offer...which needs to be my personal email, not my work email obviously).  When I scanned my OWN card it popped up with 2 personal emails along with my work email, which is not what I want people to see if they scan my card using Evernote.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:06 AM, rockitmann said:

Thanks.  My core question is if someone else, say YOU, scans my business card into Evernote and you have it linked with Linkedin, what do you see?  Will you see my personal email account or my work email account?  It's not clear to me what you would see and how I control it (without monkeying with where I might receive a job offer...which needs to be my personal email, not my work email obviously).  When I scanned my OWN card it popped up with 2 personal emails along with my work email, which is not what I want people to see if they scan my card using Evernote.

A little confused here. Let me get this straight.

So when they scan your business card and locate your LinkedIn profile, are you worried that they would see both email accounts associated with your LinkedIn account on the LinkedIn website?

Archived