Images missing in 7.1?

Is it normal for images to be missing from clipped articles in 7.1? The images are still present on the web version, but they are not displaying properly on the Mac version. Is this a known bug?

• Level 5*

You should be posting in the v7.1 feedback discussion at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112708-evernote-for-mac-71-ga-update-711-hot-fix/

No, it's not normal for images to be missing on the Mac platform, if they're displaying correctly on the web version.

Are you seeing any kind of placeholder on the Mac?

My troubleshooting steps would include making a simple update on the web platform.  This may trigger a fix on the Mac side.

36 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You should be posting in the v7.1 feedback discussion at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112708-evernote-for-mac-71-ga-update-711-hot-fix/

No, it's not normal for images to be missing on the Mac platform, if they're displaying correctly on the web version.

Are you seeing any kind of placeholder on the Mac?

My troubleshooting steps would include making a simple update on the web platform.  This may trigger a fix on the Mac side.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried making a change to one article on the web version and the images appeared on the Mac version. Do you know if there's a way to do this with multiple notes at once? 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, JRA said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried making a change to one article on the web version and the images appeared on the Mac version. Do you know if there's a way to do this with multiple notes at once? 

To rebuild your Mac database Press the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon 

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

To rebuild your Mac database Press the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon 

Thanks again for your suggestion. I tried the above but unfortunately the images are still missing. They are still present on the web version. Does the app need to be deleted and re-installed after rebuilding the database?

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, JRA said:

I tried the above but unfortunately the images are still missing. They are still present on the web version. Does the app need to be deleted and re-installed after rebuilding the database?

The next level of troubleshooting is to completely remove Evernote from your machine; app, database, ....

The app AppCleaner is recommended for this, but it can be done manually.
Install the Evernote app, login, and the database will be rebuilt from the servers
Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes.

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

The next level of troubleshooting is to completely remove Evernote from your machine; app, database, ....

The app AppCleaner is recommended for this, but it can be done manually.
Install the Evernote app, login, and the database will be rebuilt from the servers
Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes.

I uninstalled Evernote using AppCleaner as recommended. I then reinstalled Evernote 7.1 and set everything up again. Unfortunately the images are still not showing even though they are present on the web version. If I make a change to an individual article on the web version, the images do show up for that article on the Mac version. It's very strange. 

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can try? 

Archived