Set up two step verification with 1Password instead of the Google Authenticator.

Roberthaas

Idea

Currently, it's only possible to get a two step verification code via text message or Google Authenticator. it’s important to keep my accounts as secure as possible, so I was really happy when Evernote announced that two-step verification is available to all Evernote users. I enable it immediately. But now i’m forced to use Google Authenticator. I’ve had to switch to Google Authenticator to copy my one-time-paswsword and quickly switch back to Evernote to paste it before it expires! It’s very stressful. For all my other accounts (that use two steps verification) I simply use 1Password (build in time-based one-time password (TOTP)). Only for Evernote I’ve had to install the Google Authenticator App. 

Hopefully Evernote will supports the time-based one-time password (TOTP) feature of the 1Password extension, so I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

2 replies to this idea

As far as I know, Google Authenticator is just a normal TOTP generator. So if you select "Google Authentnicator" in evernote, you should be able to scan the QR code with any TOTP app or manually copy the Authenticator Key (string).

I myself am using a password manager with 2FA (Bitwarden) and was able to set it up using the option "Google Authenticator" in evernote setup.

• Thanks 1