Set default Setting "Place the focus on the title"

Margarida Afonso

Idea

Dear all

The follow behaviour is annoying and reduces the ease of use of evernote: "when we create a new note, I cannot write directly the title, it switch automatically to the note. If I click back in the title bar, then, it cuts me from writing, trying to put "Untitled note" insted of what I'm writing. So I have to click a third time in the title bar, to correct the text that poped up. 3 clicks and a correction to do each time I try to put a title to a new note."

In Options > Note > place the focus on the title helps but this manipulation needs to be done on each of the devices who have Evernote. 

Could this become a default setting?

Thank you.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Margarida Afonso said:

Dear all

The follow behaviour is annoying and reduces the ease of use of evernote: "when we create a new note, I cannot write directly the title, it switch automatically to the note. If I click back in the title bar, then, it cuts me from writing, trying to put "Untitled note" insted of what I'm writing. So I have to click a third time in the title bar, to correct the text that poped up. 3 clicks and a correction to do each time I try to put a title to a new note."

In Options > Note > place the focus on the title helps but this manipulation needs to be done on each of the devices who have Evernote. 

Could this become a default setting?

Thank you.

Go to Tools - Options - Note and check Set new note focus to title.  You might want to review the rest of the options while you are there.  ?

Archived