Cursor placement & copy text issues in Windows 10

HUGE bug introduced in the last couple releases of Evernote. I'm running Evernote on Windows 10 on a PC. Each time I start activity on a note page (my notes are inside of a notebook stack), the very first time I try to place the CURSOR in a specific location using my mouse, the cursor WILL NOT appear until I try it a second time. The same thing with the COPY function. The first time I try to copy any block of text using either the CTRL C function or the copy function built into the Evernote menu, the text WILL NOT copy to the clipboard and is automatically deselected. I then have to copy it a second time in order for it copy to the clipboard. I rely on Evernote a lot to get my job done. I type into Evernote daily and absolutely cannot afford to have to waste time re-positioning cursors and re-copying text. Can you please fix this bug asap?

By the way, I love, love, love Evernote! Thanks for your hard work on it!

This has been an ongoing issue in the latest releases for the Windows app.

I know how frustrating and time consuming these "little" things can get especially when you use Evernote all day long, therefore I have downgraded to a version that works for me. So, if it is causing you a lot of problems and you are wasting time, I would recommend doing the same until it is completely resolved. You might want to look into 6.13 beta as well, it might have fixed that.

7 hours ago, TK0047 said:

This has been an ongoing issue in the latest releases for the Windows app.

I know how frustrating and time consuming these "little" things can get especially when you use Evernote all day long, therefore I have downgraded to a version that works for me. So, if it is causing you a lot of problems and you are wasting time, I would recommend doing the same until it is completely resolved. You might want to look into 6.13 beta as well, it might have fixed that.

Thanks I was able to find an older version and.....problem solved!

How do you find an older version?

This bug is driving me nuts. 

I absolutely love Evernote and have come to rely on it for the last 4+ years and this is the first time any issue has surfaced.

I'm surprised it's been going on for so long and no fix has been created.

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds incredible that this cursing - pardon - cursor issue, reported during month in several threads by dozens of users, remains unsolved,  despite of several  updates distributed since (current: 6.11.2.7027).

I've really been appreciating Evernote for years, but now slolwy begin to doubt of the long-term reliability of this product and thus seriously begin to think of alternatives. 

• 1 month later...

Yep, still an issue in the current Evernote build. Extremely frustrating now the copy and paste can't be relied on. It's also bad that the cursor selects the new note but then un-selects if when you start typing and how it can jump lines at random. 

For a mature product I have been using since 2008/2009, I hope this bug gets fixed asap.

Very frustrating that the cursor placement and copy/paste issue is still an issue in the newest builds of Evernote. I had to switch back to an older version and it solved the problem. Tough to believe Evernote has not addressed such a major flaw after all this time. I will stay on the old version until it is fixed. Someone please post in this thread when the problem is resolved!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived