Evernote 6.11.2.7027 Hanging Win 10 Preview 17666

Windows 10 preview 17666 & Evernote 6.11.2.7027

Evernote stops responding.
Anyone else having this problem?
Menu items no longer work. The change in focus between notebooks on the left is still visible as you move your mouse.
Add new notes and typing in <10 characters in each is enough to trigger the problem within a couple of notes.
Also copying and pasting in <10 chars from notepad.

I have to use task manager to kill off Evernote (although this never says not responding).

I've tried reinstalling Evernote but this has not fixed the issue.  I have done restarts rather than the normal shutdowns and the problem still returns.
Is there anything else I should try to fix the issue?

I've also logged in the Windows 10 Feedback app, although no one else has raised a recent issue regarding Evernote.

Only Evernote shows up as a Critical Event in Reliability Monitor

-- this is triggered before I kill off Evernote in task manager.

Sample entry from Reliablity Monitor

The program Evernote.exe version 6.11.2.7027 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 31b8
 Start Time: 01d3ec226fc1aa1e
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe
 Report Id: a4f4baed-64ed-46ae-8ef2-29df71ecb814
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

I ticked to the menu option to allow betas

I then installed Evernote for Windows 6.13.1.7192 (307192) Prerelease.

This has improved things.  I get the same problems but less frequently.

When the current note freezes and the menus do not work I realised I can use the keyboard shortcut to create a new note ctrl+alt+n

Here the menu works as expected.

After a few minutes the menu returns on the main evernote window.

• Level 5*

HI.  I'm not brave enough to try Windows preview,  so can't help on the tech side,  but you might like to raise this with Support - they're available on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a subscriber,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if the support link won't work for you,  or if you're not a subscriber. 

Your post will get read here by the developers,  but it might get their attention sooner if you send a link to this thread to the support team.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:21 AM, john123456 said:

I ticked to the menu option to allow betas

I then installed Evernote for Windows 6.13.1.7192 (307192) Prerelease.

This has improved things.  I get the same problems but less frequently.

When the current note freezes and the menus do not work I realised I can use the keyboard shortcut to create a new note ctrl+alt+n

Here the menu works as expected.

After a few minutes the menu returns on the main evernote window.

I had same problems (posted here), update to recent new build and is working fine!! :)

Hi. I have a problem with Evernote hanging too. It fell down 2 times in the same situation. I created a new note, added the text in and  clicked on another existed note in the list and the program hangs. It is uncomfortable and I hope that the problem will be solved.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, chrln said:

Hi. I have a problem with Evernote hanging too. It fell down 2 times in the same situation. I created a new note, added the text in and  clicked on another existed note in the list and the program hangs. It is uncomfortable and I hope that the problem will be solved.

Hi.  Just to confirm - you're also a Preview user?

9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Just to confirm - you're also a Preview user? 

I don't know what the "a Preview user" means. Maybe you want to know my type of account. It is Evernote Basic. Evernote has hung 3 times by now  ((( 

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, chrln said:

I don't know what the "a Preview user" means. Maybe you want to know my type of account. It is Evernote Basic. Evernote has hung 3 times by now  ((( 

This thread is about a particular version of Windows called 'preview' - the latest edition of that operating system.  What OS are you using?

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

This thread is about a particular version of Windows called 'preview' - the latest edition of that operating system.  What OS are you using?

I am using Windows 10 Pro and it updates permanently. I am sure two times of hanging was on 10, but one time maybe was on my laptop with Windows 7.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, chrln said:

I am using Windows 10 Pro and it updates permanently.

One reasonably easy 'fix' for Windows users is to uninstall and reinstall the app - always a good way to ensure that there's no issues with the setup files.  There are lots of other search and sync settings that can be changed,  but that's a topic for another thread.  Have a look here for some ideas

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm Evernote has been working correctly for the last 7-14 days.  I can now add and edit notes without any problems.

This is at least partly due to a couple of Windows updates. I am now on Windows 10 Insider Preview 17682.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Archived