(Archived) Note edits don't upload

mithriltabby

I have one particular note on my Evernote client (1.4 (84727) on Nexus One running Android 2.2 build FRF91) whose updates never get flushed to the server. The Note Info says it was created Feb 23, 2010 2:02:48 PM and updated Apr 20, 2010 8:01:01 PM, but its text (on the phone) contains edits from today. If I email the note to myself, I get the version on the server, not the one on my phone. If I edit the note and hit Save, I see the "Loading" bar for a second or two, and then the note with the new text. The note does not jump up to the top of my Notes (which are sorted by update time), but the new data is still there if I scroll down and open it up.

I've edited other notes and had them show up on the web client almost immediately.

We believe that the Android app can occasionally get confused if you edit an existing note on the Android, and then edit it later somewhere else. It may think that the local version is still "pending" and refuse to accept the changes from the service.

Until we fix this bug, the only workaround is to clear Evernote's data directory from the SD card on your device:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17046&p=68404

Archived