Double Click in note list does not open note in new window

Hi,

There's been a regression in the UI in Windows Evernote.

Previously, when you double clicked a note in the note list, it would always open that note in a new window.

In 6.11.2.7027 that acts the same as a single click. It focuses that entry in the note list, and displays the content in the individual note panel.

Double-click only now works to open a new window, when the note is already the focused or selected note in the note list.
Can you please restore the functionality of double-click acting consistently? Currently it is not consistent.

Many thanks,
David

P.S. If it helps, my view is Side List for notes. I have Left Panel + Note List + Note Panel.

Well this is odd. I don't see the problem when on my own laptop running Win7 Home Premium. Or on my desktop running Win7 Pro.

Only on my work laptop running Win 10.

Will try an older version of Evernote on the work lappie ...

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Seems to be fixed in current beta 6.13.1... :)

Does not work for me Win 10 Pro, EN 6.13.1.  To replicate:

1. Go to side list view.
  2. Double click on any note in the list that isn't the note in focus.
  3. That note will become focus and that's it, no opening in its own window.

Net of it all for me, the note has to be in focus for the double click to work.  Muscle memory is telling me that I used to be able to open a note in its own window with double click whether in focus or not.  Not 100% sure and too lazy to get the old laptop running 6.7 out to give it a go.

Reverting from 6.11.2.7027 to 6.9.7.6770 fixes this.

Double click works consistently in that build.

This is on a Win 10 Enterprise laptop.

Edit: However, this brings back the bug that loses focus in a note. First time after you click into a note if you swap to another application window and then return, it has lost focus in the edit window. It sticks after that. So swapping one annoying UI bug for another.

Edit 2: Version 6.10.3.6921 is the one to use. That build has neither bug : both the double-click issue, and the losing focus on first switch, don't occur.

Edit 3 : Version 6.10.3.6921 stopped working for the first double click. now it also needs to be selected first. Yet I'm sure it worked when first installed, I teste dit.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Well it does too for me,  so there.   Win 10 v1709

Weirdness.  Why would this be?

6 hours ago, jefito said:

I blame side list view... ?

Sure, pile on!  ?

• Level 5*

Funny thing, if there is only one note in the note list double clicking it does open the note in its own Window.  Not my idea of a feasible workaround though....  ☹️

22 hours ago, CalS said:

Does not work for me Win 10 Pro, EN 6.13.1. 

I can replicate. In all the different note list views (snippet, card, etc). v6.13.1

edit: @CalS Do you remember what version that last worked?

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, dconnet said:

I can replicate. In all the different note list views (snippet, card, etc). v6.13.1

edit: @CalS Do you remember what version that last worked?

Do not, but I would guess this is a recent issue.  I had a muscle memory tick the first time it happened with this release, you know, “that felt different”. 

Archived