Reminder popup on desktop?

I use Stickies for a lot of notes (Windows). I can put the note to sleep, and have it pop up on my desktop at x date/time. The problem is that I only see the note on the computer. There is not syncing anyplace to view it on my tablet (Android). I'm not as particular about a reminder on my tablet, but really need it on my desktop. I can not figure out how to use the Reminders in Evernote. I set a reminder and never see anything. One time, I got a quick glimpse of something in the lower right taskbar, but it went away so I'm not sure.

So, my question is, how do I set a reminder and have it pop up on my desktop, and STAY there until see and minimize it?

Unfortunately, the reminders work just like you described it...there is a quick pop up on the right bottom corner of your screen (on windows) and if you were looking away, you would miss it.

The work around for me is to have a saved search for REMINDERS FOR TODAY which I visit multiple times during the day. This is one of the reasons I do not necessarily use the "TIME" function of the reminders in Evernote, it is more like a day reminder.

There is a way to connect your Evernote reminders to Google Calendar however. And with your reminders in Google Calendar you can achieve what you are looking for as well.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TK0047 said:

This is one of the reasons I do not necessarily use the "TIME" function of the reminders in Evernote, it is more like a day reminder.

FWIW, sometimes I use the TIME value to order the reminders for the day.

Thanks to both of you for chiming in. With what you said, and everything else I've read, I came up with a workaround that will probably work for me. I'll continue to use the Sticky reminder pop up, but instead of having everything in the Sticky, the Sticky will say something like "Motorhome packing list - see Evernote" or "Work on John Doe report - see Evernote". That way I can have my reminder pop up, but keep all the information itself  in Evernote.

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, KathrynBassett said:

Thanks to both of you for chiming in. With what you said, and everything else I've read, I came up with a workaround that will probably work for me. I'll continue to use the Sticky reminder pop up, but instead of having everything in the Sticky, the Sticky will say something like "Motorhome packing list - see Evernote" or "Work on John Doe report - see Evernote". That way I can have my reminder pop up, but keep all the information itself  in Evernote.

You are welcome.  Out of interest will Stickies let you paste the note link into them?  If so you could put the link to the note in the Stickie and click on it when it appears.

• Level 5*
On 5/13/2018 at 4:50 PM, KathrynBassett said:

I can not figure out how to use the Reminders in Evernote. I set a reminder and never see anything

If EN Win provides a Preference/Option to "Receive reminder emails" like EN Mac does, one option would be to set a rule in your email client (like Outlook) that will process the EN Reminder as you like.  You could do any of the following (I'll use "Outlook", but you would, of course, use your email client):

1. Move the email reminder to a special Outlook folder for reminders
  2. Create an Outlook Task with Reminder from the EN email reminder.
  3. Set an Outlook Reminder on the email that would popup how ever often you like.
  4. etc.

I use option #2, and have an Outlook Smart Folder for this folder, so it is easy to see and access.  It works quite well for me.

One workaround for reminders is to use your phone or tablet to see the reminders. Like on iPhone, the reminders will remain on the lock screen depending on your notification settings of course. 

So if someone sets their phone next to their monitors, you can see the reminder pop up and it does not disappear like the windows version. It is not the best workaround, but something! :)

Archived