Can't see table lines - how do I customize?

EdB

I'm having trouble seeing the cell lines in a table inserted into a note. When I create the table before I start editing, the faint cell lines are visible. As soon as I click into a cell, all the cell lines disappear. Normally I'd fix this by making the lines black or somesuch, but I can find no way to adjust table lines, cell colors, etc. Some old tutorials show there being an arrow that takes you to cell formatting, but it is not available on my Evernote.

How do I make the cells visible?

Thanks,

EdB

EN table problem.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm confused.  I see two sets of cell outlines in your post,  and it would be quite easy to click in the lower set to select a cell.  If you need to make cells more visible,  you could click the drop-down in any cell and choose a background colour...

The question for me is there any way to control the table border style? Color, width, type. I have seen reference to Format >Tables >Table Properties, but there certainly is no such menu structure in my desktop version (win 6.12.1.7092).

Thanks for the replies. The problem I've described happens with the web version of Evernote, in both Chrome and Firefox. It's also more pronounced on my laptop than my desktop. I've downloaded the Evernote stand-alone app and do not have the problem there.

As gsmith58v3 said, the real question I have is how to control the table border style. If there is a way to do this, it would solve the problem. As they point out, there is no option I can find in either the browser version or the stand alone to modify table borders that I can find.

Thanks,

Ed B

Hi Ed,

I use the "ENML Editor" to edit the source behind the note. It is a web site that you grant permission to accss your evernote for a period of time, and then you can access the source .

I'm a web developer so editing HTML is everyday. Might be tough for those not accustomed. I used ENML Editor speciically to achieve a lighter cell border in some tables.

if that's a bit hardcore, I understand that creating in Word & pastinginto Evernote does the job.

Cheers

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, David Pierson said:

I use the "ENML Editor" to edit the source behind the note.

Hi.  There's still an ENML editor?  I thought that site closed down...

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, David Pierson said:

I use the "ENML Editor" to edit the source behind the note. 

On Macs, each note includes a "content.enml" file.  I use a text editor app (Textastic) to make changes.

Archived