Evernote Android: Disable top image-name line when browsing through images

I love evernote and uses lots of images in my note. One thing bothers me is that in Andoid version of evernote, there is a black line on the top showing image name(some-random-number.png), this really cut my screen estate and I want the option to disable this image name line so I only see image when swipe left/right.

IOS version of evernote doesn't have this problem, it just say something like "Image 1 of 10" at the top and if you tap it, it'll disappear and I'll see only images, which is what I want.

• Level 5*
On 5/12/2018 at 3:57 AM, hjma29 said:

I love evernote and uses lots of images in my note. One thing bothers me is that in Andoid version of evernote, there is a black line on the top showing image name(some-random-number.png), this really cut my screen estate and I want the option to disable this image name line so I only see image when swipe left/right.

IOS version of evernote doesn't have this problem, it just say something like "Image 1 of 10" at the top and if you tap it, it'll disappear and I'll see only images, which is what I want.

Hi.  Can you post a screen grab?  I don't see black lines or file names on my Android.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, hjma29 said:

sorry for late reply.

Not a problem,  and I see what you mean.  My images come up in a similar way - I wonder if choosing a different app to open your images would give you more options?  Sorry,  but I don't know of any way to remove that line on my device either...

1105143681_Screenshot_20180515-2333341.thumb.jpg.e04484ca9f6745039a172ca9aacfcf2b.jpg

I don't know why Android team decides to keep this line without users to hide it. Most of my images are screen capture and the image name came up in some sort of UUID random digits format. Not only it's very distracting for me and also my images had to downscale to accommodate this top line.

• Level 5*

Not sure that the Android team have a choice - that part of the window on my post above seems to be connected to the image-handling app which (in my case) is not Evernote.  It does show some Evernote related information - the 9/30 prefix refers to image 9 out of 30 and the rest is the file name.  Your image header looks like an externally-assigned file name - could you change it for something shorter?

I see.

I can't change it. Even though I have the option to change the image name, it's unrealistic for me to change them one by one. The most important thing is that the display of these image names really don't give me any value. 

My understanding is that Android evernote image "Full Screen" is actually not full screen like IOS, you have top Android status bar plus this image name line. Is this correct? Do we have plan to give users true "full screen" mode for images?

• Level 5

I see pretty much what @hjma29 sees. Of course, this only appears when I tap on an image, not in the display of a note itself. In some cases, where the image filename is not just a generated string with date and time, for example, but one that has some identifying information that I've put there, this can actually be useful. And of course there are the Share and More Info icons at the top right, which are also sometimes useful. But I can see that being able to view the image full-screen could also be very useful. Of course, it's always possible to download the image and view it in the Gallery, which offers more possibilities.

Archived