Change account - switch between two accounts on the same phone

Calle

Idea

Hello,

I have a lot of notes but because you only have 2 levels in the folder system I have signed up for 2 premium accounts.

On my Macbook I can switch between the 2 accounts very easily (being log-in on both), but on my iPhone it's not possible. I then have to log out and log in. When using long secure passwords and 2-step verification, this is not convenient at all. You have the option to switch between premium and business accounts so who don't let users easily switch between two premium accounts? Thank you, Calle

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 5/10/2018 at 7:17 AM, Calle said:

I have a lot of notes but because you only have 2 levels in the folder system I have signed up for 2 premium accounts.

Can you explain the "2 levels in the folder system" and how it's solved by having 2 accounts.

I have over 10k+ notes, organized using approx. 300 tags.

• Level 5*
On 5/10/2018 at 7:17 AM, Calle said:

3 hours ago, Calle said:

I can have more cathegories/levels/ares with 2 accounts...or with more than 2 levels of folder system.

Evernote does not have a folder system for categories.
There are two attributes for notes: Notebooks and Tags
Notebooks can be grouped in Stacks, 2 levels; Tags can be grouped into an unlimited hierarchy of levels.

Of course I know it's not called "folder" system but notebooks. Please do not mark words but get to the overall issue. It's a huge problem that you have to log in and out on your iPhone to switch between accounts. That is something I really hope Evernote will fix asap. Thank you //Calle

• Level 5*
On 5/12/2018 at 7:25 AM, Calle said:

That is something I really hope Evernote will fix asap.

This is a feature request with 0 user votes.  Evernote may implement this feature to the IOS platform, but there's no indication of any interest or timeframe.

>>Please do not mark words but get to the overall issue.

I believe there's an underlying issue with using a second account just to add a level to the Notebook organization hierarchy.
I'm trying to identify alternative solutions.

Also, there is a feature request to add a Notebook hierarchy.  Please consider adding your vote to the request linked below.

• Level 5*

To minimise the space used on mobile devices - which tend to have limited storage - Evernote loads a search index into local memory when the account is active.  Any notes created on the phone are saved to the main servers,  and any notes found from searches are downloaded temporarily for viewing and editing.  Switching between accounts means clearing the phone of one account details and loading up another search index.  Even if there were space available I'm not sure whether it would be possible to somehow differentiate between network traffic from two separate accounts if they were both active,  or if one was swapped for another.  Not saying it can't be done,  nor that it shouldn't be possible - just that the current situation exists for a reason,  and while it's a convenience to be able to use any one of several accounts it is no more than that.  There are lots  of active bugs that need fixing first!

Thank you very much DTLow and gazumped for good answers! 
Regarding switching between accounts, it's possible today between a premium and a business account. So why cannot it be done between two premium accounts?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Calle said:

it's possible today between a premium and a business account

Business accounts include a linked Premium account for all members - I don't know how it's set up,  but if switching between the two is possible on a mobile device,  I assume the two are built to complement each other in some way.  You'd need to ask a developer about that...

On 5/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, Calle said:

Of course I know it's not called "folder" system but notebooks. Please do not mark words but get to the overall issue. It's a huge problem that you have to log in and out on your iPhone to switch between accounts. That is something I really hope Evernote will fix asap. Thank you //Calle

I also think this would be a very valuable feature: to be able to quickly switch between two accounts on a phone. Thanks

Archived