Properly remove Upgrade button

I'm an Evernote Plus member, which means I'm a *paying* user. But because I'm not at the highest level, I get an "Upgrade" button in the Windows desktop UI. If I customize the toolbar and remove it, the button goes away until sometime later (or if I click some other button, like Sync).

I get why you would want to prompt free users to Upgrade and I think a persistent reminder in the UI is totally fair. But I'm a *paying* customer and I want to remove this item. I'm going to file a support ticket but wanted to see what others thought as well.

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a -mainly- user supported forum,  so there's a lot of sympathy here,  and frequent posts along the same lines.  Evernote staffers are also affected,  but one of the developers did comment in another thread "Marketing made me!!".  The nags aren't supposed to be so frequent as to be intrusive,  but the button is meant to come back regularly.   If you find it annoying,  you've already taken the best action by raising a support ticket.  Please let us know if you have any luck there!

?

19 hours ago, cfjedimaster said:

I'm an Evernote Plus member, which means I'm a *paying* user. But because I'm not at the highest level, I get an "Upgrade" button in the Windows desktop UI. If I customize the toolbar and remove it, the button goes away until sometime later (or if I click some other button, like Sync).

I get why you would want to prompt free users to Upgrade and I think a persistent reminder in the UI is totally fair. But I'm a *paying* customer and I want to remove this item. I'm going to file a support ticket but wanted to see what others thought as well.

I've seen others complain about this as well. Good luck with the support ticket, hopefully there will be a good solution for the paying customers.

This is one of those important requests that I hope the Evernote staff is noticing in the forums and taking action towards. Otherwise, it might really steer people away from being a paying customer to a user of a competitor's product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, kshunterco said:

I'm with cfjedimasterI just downgraded my membership to only "Plus" and I don't need Evernote asking me for my money every time I see the interface. If I was a free user, sure, but I'm not. Get that S**T out of here.

Are you on the current version? We removed the prompting on Plus users.

Archived