Create Evernote Note from Calendar Invite

All,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I cannot find any reference to the answer. Basically, I would like to take a meeting invite in iCal or BusyCal and have it create an Evernote note inclusive of the attendees, attachments, and any notes in the meeting. It should also include the date/time the meeting took place. None of the calendar applications seem to have this feature (that I can find) so I was taking the alternate route thinking that the translation of the forwarded invite could do this. Right now, when you forward a meeting invite to Evernote, it attaches the .ics rather than translating the meeting info into the note. 

I hope the explanation was enough to understand what I was looking for and appreciate any feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK what you're looking for is only partially (?) feasible in Evernote Web - see https://thenerdystudent.com/2017/06/evernote-adds-a-new-feature-that-automates-taking-meeting-notes/ for more on that.

Depending on your OS and device,  there may be other solutions that could integrate calendar / email / Evernote together - have you looked at IFTTTZapierTaskclone,  and others?

This is not an exhaustive (or up to date) list,  but it should give you some ideas...  https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/12/08/ifttt-if-youd-like-to-automate-evernote-then-you-should-try-these/

23 hours ago, Rrobbinstx said:

All,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I cannot find any reference to the answer. Basically, I would like to take a meeting invite in iCal or BusyCal and have it create an Evernote note inclusive of the attendees, attachments, and any notes in the meeting. It should also include the date/time the meeting took place. None of the calendar applications seem to have this feature (that I can find) so I was taking the alternate route thinking that the translation of the forwarded invite could do this. Right now, when you forward a meeting invite to Evernote, it attaches the .ics rather than translating the meeting info into the note. 

I hope the explanation was enough to understand what I was looking for and appreciate any feedback. 

I like this idea. It would be nice; once you accept an invitation, an Evernote is created with the details of the meeting (attendee list, location, time and info from the body of the invite) in a template and you would be ready to take notes in the meeting. 

At the end of the meeting, you should even have a button to click to email the notes to the attendee list from the original invite.

• 11 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 8:02 AM, TK0047 said:

I like this idea. It would be nice; once you accept an invitation, an Evernote is created with the details of the meeting (attendee list, location, time and info from the body of the invite) in a template and you would be ready to take notes in the meeting. 

At the end of the meeting, you should even have a button to click to email the notes to the attendee list from the original invite.

Hey there - just wondering if you found any way to do this inclusive of meeting attachments?

Unfortunately, I have been relegated to doing a screen shot of the meeting and attendees and pasting it into Evernote. This is pretty silly but the Evernote team does not seem overly interested in providing this functionality, even though meeting notes are likely a top use for Evernote.. (Shrug)