How to understand simple "folder" backup?

I would be grateful for any help in understanding the following backup/restore scenario.

The backup is a simple "folder" backup containing all the files in the "Databases" folder.

Assume that my backup contains 3 notes:  one note which is identical to a note in the current database (AKA the "common" note). One note which does not exist in the current database (the "old" note).  One note which exists in both databases, but has been changed (the "changed" note)

My current database contains 3 notes:  The common note, the new note, and the changed note.

Procedure:
 - Disconnect from internet.
 - Copy all the backup files to the "Databases" folder, thus overwriting all current files.
 - Restore internet connection.
 - Synch.

Question:  After the synch, what notes are now in the current Evernote?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

In Windows, the database is a single .exb file, and only contains the most current note version of each note.
This is a copy of the master database version stored on the server.

After you reload from backups, your Windows database will have the notes from the backup.
This may be different than the master database version stored on the server.

After you connect the internet and sync, the two databases will again contain the same data.
This will be the most current note versions.

>>One note which does not exist in the current database (the "old" note).

The sync will cause it to be deleted.  
I'm not completely clear on how this works.

>>One note which exists in both databases, but has been changed (the "changed" note)

The sync will replace it with the most current version.

edited: I should have stated that this applies to sync'd notes.  Local Notebooks will be restored to the backup version.

I'm replying to the most recent response first, because it fills a gap  in the "prerequisites":

51 minutes ago, jefito said:

I think you need one more piece of information: were you synced before you disconnected from the Internet?

Yes :-)

Based on DTLow's response, the net results of the complete series of operations can be expressed as follows:

•  Zero ?

I suspected that. But the only way to have proved it without wrecking my database, would have been to have opened a new account under a different email address.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, OldGrantonian said:

The net results of the complete series of operations can be expressed as follows:

•   Zero ?

I should have stated that this applies to sync'd notes.  Local Notebooks will be restored to the backup version.

Archived