If there is new version of Evernote coming, I expect the following

balakrishnansoc

Idea

1. Text Highlighter
  2. Paste images directly from clipboard
  3. Resize image
  4. Annotation
  5. Code Block style

All of these features are already in the native client of Evernote.

I think it is inevitable that Evernote has to update their web client equivalent to their native clients.

Because OneNote's web client is equal to its native client and OneNote provides a way to import all the Evernote to OneNote. And also OneNote provides a way to Annotate everything not just images but also anything and anywhere in the note best of all, all these feature are also in its web client.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Expectations are worth their weight in gold... 

What you will almost certainly receive -- at least, this is what has been mentioned by Evernote employees -- it an entree into the new Spaces feature.

Beyond that, code block may be there; I think it already is in non-Chrome browser. But using Courier New or whatever monospaced typeface is available works fine for me.

3 hours ago, bkmagnetron said:

OneNote provides a way to import all the Evernote to OneNote.

As I've noted elsewhere, two years ago, OneNote's Evernote import facilities were worse than useless (at least for my notes), so whatever OneNote is or is not in comparison to Evernote is really a don't-care for me. 

That doesn't mean that I don't want a better Evernote web client. I do, but my need for the web client is pretty small compared to my use of the Windows native app (or even the Android app).

I use a Mac at home and Fedora (a Linux distribution) at work. The stark difference in quality between the Mac desktop client and the Web client is appalling. Linux users (there are dozens of us, dozens I tell you!) have no choice but to use the Web client, which frankly sucks. I pay for a premium subscription to Evernote -- can y'all at least put the money to good use and make something usable for Linux users? Either bring the Web client up to speed with the Desktop client, or port over a dedicated Desktop client for Linux machines. No, I shouldn't have to use WINE or a windows VM just to use an Evernote Desktop client on Linux.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, KelSov said:

Either bring the Web client up to speed with the Desktop, or port over a dedicated Desktop for Linux machines.

There is a new web version being rolled out, but I don't think you'll ever see complete parity with the Win/Mac platforms.

Evernote has never indicated any interest in supporting a Linux version, however they have made APIs available.  You could look into third party products.

16 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote has never indicated any interest in supporting a Linux version

Yes, I know. I'm saying they should if they want to keep up with the competition. The best alternative for Linux users right now is probably NixNote, especially for those with lots of notes already in Evernote and want to sync them to NixNote.

19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

There is a new web version being rolled out, but I don't think you'll ever see complete parity with the Win/Mac platforms.

Good to know about the new version coming down the pipe. It seems long overdue.

Archived