Can't Open Basic in Windows

Trying to open my Evernote basic in Windows 10, which I've done many times but not recently. it attempts to update to 6.11.2.  I get a "gathering required information" message, followed by a message saying it can't find Evernote.msi in my temp directory.  I can't find that find anywhere on my disk and now can't open Evernote on my Windows machine at all.  Please advise.

Have you completely logged out and shut it down? (System Tray, Evernote icon, right click, QUIT EVERNOTE) Restart after that. You can also check the Task Manager to see if it is still running in the background and END TASK option. It sometimes happens to me, there would be couple Evernote related tasks running in the background, I end those tasks and restart the app after that.

If that failed, I would possibly try the uninstall and reinstall option.

• Level 5
7 hours ago, daveinjersey said:

Thanks.  The Uninstall (using plain Windows Uninstaller) did the trick.  Just wanted to be sure I could still log in after a reinstall without losing my data.

Part of the beauty of Evernote is that, if something goes wrong on your local device, the master copies of notes remain on Evernote's servers. If you have to uninstall and reinstall, the program will just download all your notes again. Of course, to make this beauty work, one must always keep notes synced before closing Evernote.

Archived