5 hours ago, tillmannsdaniel@gmail.com said:

My evernote is evernote Plus 6.8.7.6387

6.8 had a lot of problems with the editor, I would recommend upgrading to the latest to see if that will solve the problem.

This problem is still present on my "6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829)" (on two different Windows 10 laptops) so let us know if your upgrade fixed something. It is really annoying when the cursor/focus changes by itself without any apparent reason. It happens for example like this:

1. Create new note (= press Ctrl-Alt-N on my hotkeys, then locate the opened window as needed and click on it to get focus there)
  2. Write title "testnote" (do not press Enter)
  3. Click on the note body to start writing, cursor flashes briefly in the note body
  4. See that the cursor is now blinking again in the title
  5. Click on the note body again, now the focus stays in the note body.

Note: This problem does not happen if the setting "Set new note focus to title" is not selected.

Now, let's see how hard is it to get this fixed.

I have "set new note focus to title" unchecked - and the "lost focus" problem does happen.

When I click from another app into EN Windows program note - I used to click once and type.  Now that doesn't work - first click is ignored - I have to click a second time to edit.

Same version as above. Very annoying...

Nice, and here is another test case (the "Set new note focus to title" is unchecked):

1. Evernote main window is open
  2. Click New Note
  3. The cursor is blinking in the note text, type "Testword" (do not press Enter)
  4. Click on the title (to edit the title text)
  5. See that the title is updated to "Testword", but cursor is still blinking in the note text, not in the note title.

Note: This bug is not triggered on my laptop if I have to click on the new note window to bring it front, so pressing Ctrl-Alt-N or selecting New Note from the context menu in the taskbar does not necessarily trigger this bug (depending on the focus bug that was also introduced in the last 12 months or so). If I have to click on the new note window to activate, this happens instead:

1. Write "Second testword" in the note text
  2. Click on the title to edit it
  3. The title changes to "Second testword" but the cursor is positioned in the beginning of the title, not in the end (where I clicked).

Overall, the editor changes in the Windows client and the window focus bug have only made my Evernote experience worse, not better. I hope some of the Evernote employees would start using the Windows client, now it looks like us users are the only ones triggering the bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 12:07 PM, markkul said:

This problem is still present on my "6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829)" (on two different Windows 10 laptops) so let us know if your upgrade fixed something. It is really annoying when the cursor/focus changes by itself without any apparent reason. It happens for example like this:

1. Create new note (= press Ctrl-Alt-N on my hotkeys, then locate the opened window as needed and click on it to get focus there)
  2. Write title "testnote" (do not press Enter)
  3. Click on the note body to start writing, cursor flashes briefly in the note body
  4. See that the cursor is now blinking again in the title
  5. Click on the note body again, now the focus stays in the note body.

Note: This problem does not happen if the setting "Set new note focus to title" is not selected.

Now, let's see how hard is it to get this fixed.

This still happens in 6.13.1.7192; just upgraded hoping it would fix it.

Archived