Lost Database File

I was making some additions to an old note on my Mac with El Capitan when my computer crashed. When I turned it back on, a dialog box appeared saying that the Evernote database was missing. I went into Time Machine to look for an earlier version of the database file, but I can't find the directory in which it's located. Since most of my notes are local, restoring everything manually is a chore. I tried the option-about evernote, but all I get are the credits. Time machine can restore the file easily, I've done it hundreds of times, but, where are the files??? Again, Evernote, why won't you let me access my notes from outside the program? 

• Level 5*

I'm running v 7.1 (456448 Direct)  and my database location is 
/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com
5ae6faa390513_ScreenShot2018-04-30at04_09_06.png.965609be2668f5db8f23fdf5ca82f1e4.png
To obtain the location,  I hold down the option key
and select Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder

>>Again, Evernote, why won't you let me access my notes from outside the program? 

On Macs, a separate folder is used for each note.  I'm able to access my notes from outside the program.5ae72bb2a9981_ScreenShot2018-04-30at07_43_30.png.ebd0761a54c38282db45ecf67523f889.png  Access works better if you know where the data is stored.

We can also access our notes using the public link.

I use the html export feature as part of my data backup process.  This allows access to my notes outside the program.

Archived