If there is a "COPY" button...

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about the need of a button with copy function, which allows users to quickly copy the content attached to that button.
For example, I have a note with many data like (for quick highlighting and copying):

Example 1:

1. "Home address for international use": 123 Street name, Suburb, State, Postcode, Country name
2. "Normal Home address": 123 Street name, Suburb, State, Postcode (no country name)

Example 2:

This the text that contains the string that I want to copy without the comma, and use them somewhere else

(End of Example 2)

So when I want to copy, I need to highlight the text I want and choose copy (or Ctrl + V). And for example 2, my copied string might have the redundant comma which I don't want. 

Instead of highlight and copy them, now I have a COPY button attached to those texts that allows me to copy exactly with a click.

This button is especially useful with data you need use many times in your life such as home addresses, quotes, wallet addresses, book citations...

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Interesting suggestion,  but I tend to use an app for that.  Phrase Express will remember and insert a wide range of text.  Highlight once and add to Phrase Express,  specify a code - "#01" or a keystroke - "Ctrl+H" and every time you type that code,  the full phrase will appear.  The app can also add variables like dates and times,  and record mouse movements and other keystrokes.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:05 AM, Hung Nguyen said:

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about the need of a button with copy function, which allows users to quickly copy the content attached to that button.
For example, I have a note with many data like (for quick highlighting and copying):

Example 1:

1. "Home address for international use": 123 Street name, Suburb, State, Postcode, Country name
2. "Normal Home address": 123 Street name, Suburb, State, Postcode (no country name)

Example 2:

This the text that contains the string that I want to copy without the comma, and use them somewhere else

(End of Example 2)

So when I want to copy, I need to highlight the text I want and choose copy (or Ctrl + V). And for example 2, my copied string might have the redundant comma which I don't want. 

Instead of highlight and copy them, now I have a COPY button attached to those texts that allows me to copy exactly with a click.

This button is especially useful with data you need use many times in your life such as home addresses, quotes, wallet addresses, book citations...

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks

I also use a text expander for similar needs which is Breevy for me in Windows. I have so many things on it from addresses to phone numbers to project numbers to phrases. Until this feature gets added (if), you might want to look into that.

After having used it for a while, I now cannot imagine how I used to do it. And sometimes when I am on somebody else's computer, I type my abbreviations since they became such a big habit.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

I also use a text expander for similar needs which is Breevy for me in Windows. I have so many things on it from addresses to phone numbers to project numbers to phrases. Until this feature gets added (if), you might want to look into that.

After having used it for a while, I now cannot imagine how I used to do it. And sometimes when I am on somebody else's computer, I type my abbreviations since they became such a big habit.

Ditto. Like @gazumped I use PhraseExpress.  Everything from text insert to searches to cleaning up and tagging emails as I forward to EN.  Big time and error saver. 

Archived