OneNote Exodus: Outliner & Wiki features

Hi,

With OneNote being removed from Office, and the inadequate app version being the only path forward for onenote users, Evernote is probably going to see an influx of people abandoning OneNote. I'm one of those, and am trying evernote plus for the next year. It is the only thing that comes anywhere close to to matching the powerful formatting and organizational control that I've grown dependent on in both my personal and professional life. There is a lot of wonderful stuff here, the apps for all the devices, the reminders, the tagging; there was even an import from onenote in the pc desktop version that worked well enough.

There are only two things that leap out at me as features that would dramatically improve my experience:

1. Wiki syntax for note creation. There is already the idea of "copy note link", so you can slowly build interconnections between your notes, but the path is much slower than typing a new note name in brackets [[new note]]. This would be a fantastic addition.

2. Outliner features: collapse a bullet, re-org a bullet (along with its children).

Both of these features have been requested before. They are the two things that would truly win me over as a devoted user. 

Cheers,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I've being OneNote user for a long period and the things that has hooked me up with it's the things described above. Untill I've found Evernote. Since then I was enjoing its simplicity and beauty of design and might of  the Evernote features at the same time. But I always missed the features desribed above in the previous post. Although the Evernote has the own way to replace these OneNote tools but not exacltly. I do support the request.

• Level 5*
On 4/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, Andy Nu said:

1. Wiki syntax for note creation. There is already the idea of "copy note link", so you can slowly build interconnections between your notes, but the path is much slower than typing a new note name in brackets [[new note]]. This would be a fantastic addition.

2. Outliner features: collapse a bullet, re-org a bullet (along with its children).

Both of these have been requested previously. Generally, you search the forums for previous similar/identicalrequests, and add your vote and/or extra information there, to help keep things together. If you don't find a similar request, then you should post them in the appropriate feature request forum: if they pertain to a single Evernote client, then they should go there; otherwise they can go into the General Feature Requests subforum. The Product Feedback/Feature Request forums are here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/449-product-feedbackfeature-requests/

• 2 months later...

jefito, Thank you, and I have upvoted the similar requests, but they are old and seemed dead. I hoped there might be an opportunity to refresh the discussion of these features in light the new wave of users likely to come here from microsoft's disappointing decisions regarding OneNote. Both of these ideas apply to all the evernote clients, but I see now that the general feature requests subforum would have been better; I wasn't immediately obvious which of the 30 some-odd forums here was most appropriate.

Great news though: With the new Evernote web interface you can drag and drop bullets (including their children)! Thank you Evernote Staff! 

Still interested in wiki syntax & collapsible bullets.

Archived