Two part problem - reverse camera image and why you're losing me

Evernote! You have become laborious! And stingy!

I simply want to capture a camera image of some text from a document and you are reversing the image so that the text is "mirrored". This feature used to work just fine. I have a bunch of old notes with handy photos attached from having used the camera feature from 5 and 6 years ago.

I struggled with this reverse problem over a year ago when I first encountered it and gave up trying to figure it out. But today I tried it again and alas you are still reversing the camera image. So. . .I decided to submit a help ticket at this link: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=176617 and finally caught the fine print---on the lower right is a box for me to upgrade if I want email support. 

Can someone please tell me if it's because I'm still a basic user that the camera images are reversed? If I upgrade to premium does this feature work again? Searching the web has not garnered any remedies for this problem so hoping I'll find out how to fix, if possible.

Running  OS 10.10.5 and have Evernote 6.12.3

Thank you.

Evernote help clip.tiff

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, chilipaws said:

simply want to capture a camera image of some text from a document and you are reversing the image so that the text is "mirrored". 

Can you identify the method you're using to take your "mirrored" images?

I'm using the camera feature in the Evernote app on my iPad (IOS); the images are not reversed.

Using my Macbook, I go up to the Evernote menu and under "File" select "New Face Time Camera Note" and then the camera box drops down.

I've also noticed that the little "shutter" icon is no longer included in the note which used to use when capturing notes from scraps of paper.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, chilipaws said:

Using my Macbook, I go up to the Evernote menu and under "File" select "New Face Time Camera Note" and then the camera box drops down.

I've also noticed that the little "shutter" icon is no longer included in the note which used to use when capturing notes from scraps of paper.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I just tested on my Mac Mini v7.1 with a webcam
Image was not mirrored, and I do have the shutter icon5ae349fbbffcc_ScreenShot2018-04-27at08_59_31.png.50aba345b2fa92d82c1a9439ac3870c6.png

Thank you DT Low!

It's working! Evernote, I'm back in love again--you've been redeemed.  It was that pushy newcomer, the MacBook, who was the culprit.

After your response, I did some looking around and the problem laid within Photo Booth.  Here I discovered that in "Edit" in the menu is an option to "Auto Flip New Items". I clicked on that to give it a checkmark and viola! photos with text and notes are not flipped anymore.  If the photo is taken without this item checked the image is automatically reversed and the print is backwards or mirrored.

Then I went back over to Evernote and gave it a try. It worked! To double check I just restarted the computer, opened Evernote and took a photo of a business card and it was captured correctly. This took more time than I budgeted today to fix, but I'm very happy this key feature is operational again as I had been using this to stay organized with contacts and references. Now I'm inclined to fire up Evernote again.

Cant' thank you enough - and so glad to realize it had nothing to do with being a " Evernote basic user". 

But. . .my version of Evernote does not have the shutter icon. . .curious? No shutter icon.tiff

Appreciate the time you gave on this.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, chilipaws said:

But. . .my version of Evernote does not have the shutter icon. . .curious? No shutter icon.tiff

The shutter icon shows on the edit toolbar when you're editing the contents of a note.

I'm not sure how to be clearer, but your image doesn't show the edit bar.

Archived