EN Opens 2nd Chrome Window

Hello Members:

ISSUE:  The EN install on my new PowerSpec 1510 notebook is opening a 2ND Chrome window instead of opening a new TAB in the existing open window.

I have reviewed EN OPTIONS... but so far have FAILED to prevent a 2ND Chrome Window opening when clicking on an EN link.

Would much appreciate a speedy resolution if possible!

Thank you much in advance,

~ Alan

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, ab1kenobee said:

I have reviewed EN OPTIONS... but so far have FAILED to prevent a 2ND Chrome Window opening when clicking on an EN link.

Are you using the web client or the native Windows client? It sounds like the former...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ab1kenobee said:

What is the 1ST Chrome window then? What kind of Evernote link?

jetfito:

I apologize for not being more clear.

When I click on ANY link within EN now... EN opens a NEW Chrome window instead of opening to the Chrome window already OPEN.

I hope this is more clear.  ;)

~ Alan

• Level 5*

When I click on ANY link within EN now... EN opens a NEW Chrome window instead of opening to the Chrome window already OPEN.

I hope this is more clear. 

OK, got it. Funny, I don't remember it ever working differently -- at work I deal a lot with a bug database that I access via web links, and it would surprise me if they opened using the same Chrome tab; in fact, I'd never want that, actually.

Howdy, Jeff:

I keep a Chrome window open... so I when I click on LINKS within EN... I want EN to open a NEW TAB in the open Chrome window... NOT a new a new screen or Chrome window.

I have never experienced this issue with my Win 7 notebook... only the new Win 10 notebook.

THX!  ~ Alan

• Level 5*

I keep a Chrome window open... so I when I click on LINKS within EN... I want EN to open a NEW TAB in the open Chrome window... NOT a new a new screen or Chrome window.

Hmmm, that's exactly the behavior I'm used to, and what I'm seeing with the current 6.12.2 beta. It always opens up in the last Chrome window I used (I often have more than one open), by adding a new tab. That's all I got...

• 1 month later...

FYI: I submitted this issue to EN Support. After several posts... this is a status update.

JulianG. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Jun 12, 00:25 PDT

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the activity log.

I'm transferring this ticket to our technical support team who will continue to assist you.

Please know that they are working on your case and will reply after they've had the opportunity to review the information you've provided.

Best regards,

Julian G.
Customer Support Representative
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 6:00pm CET

This is the 1st quality support I have experienced from EN Support.

Thank you, Julian.

~ Alan

• 2 months later...

FYI:  ISSUE RESOLVED.

I don't know WHY... or HOW...

however clicking LINK within Win EN notes now successfully opens a NEW TAB in Chrome... instead of previously opening a new Chrome window.

I guess this will remain a mystery for now.  ;)

~ Alan

Archived