Formatting pictures in notes

• Level 5*

Hi.  Apart from the blue frame around an image,  which you can use to increase or reduce the size,  and the use of tables to 'arrange' images and text next to each other (and also control the size),  there's no layout formatting (yet) in the Windows Client.  More options may be on the way in the future,  but what you see is currently all you're getting.  It's of course possible to do a more complex layout in Word,  and print that to PDF and attach that file to a note to display a formatted page inline.  Word files don't show up that way (again yet) in Windows,  though I believe they do in the Mac client.  If I attach a PDF layout to a note I'll usually also add the Word document to the end of the note so I can edit it when necessary.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, gazumped said:

Word files don't show up that way (again yet) in Windows,  though I believe they do in the Mac client. 

On a Mac word documents have an inline display option, similar to PDFs.  5adfcbcb0883a_ScreenShot2018-04-24at17_28_37.png.e8beabe21a195a105b8c7fd60c846765.png
A high % of my notes include word documents.

As  you posted, a Table is the easiest method to insert a layout into a note.

I like the way it controls the image size, and text can  be wrapped around a picture.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CraigZ said:

It would be really nice if pictures didn't have to be embedded in tables to reduce them to a usable size

In the Windows client, you can certainly resize an image: click on it, and use the green resize control:

image.png.9a936286d230209fdaa7fcb997f0fe44.png

40 minutes ago, jefito said:

In the Windows client, you can certainly resize an image: click on it, and use the green resize control:

image.png.9a936286d230209fdaa7fcb997f0fe44.png

Thanks / somehow this slipped my mind / don't know what I was thinking of where I thought I couldn't.

Archived