Missing Notes - Needs "Indexing"

A few days ago, Evernote in Mac unexpectedly quit on me, and then gave some sort of message around me needing "indexing" of my notes.

I didn't think much of it until today when I was searching for a note, and realized that none of my notes post 2014 exist anymore.  

They are thankfully still in the web based version of the app, but not on my Mac desktop app anymore.  Of course, I've tried to close/re-open and sign out, and nothing works to restore the missing notes. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the quick response!

I clicked this, got the box "Indexing allows faster searches. Evernote must index all notes, which may take some time. This process may impact performance..." but nothing happened after that and all the notes recorded after 2014 are still missing.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, notesguy1234 said:

all the notes recorded after 2014 are still missing.

Are the notes actually missing
- from your Mac?
- from the master copy maintained on the server (www.evernote.com)?

To rebuild your Mac database Hold theShift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon 

23 hours ago, DTLow said:

To rebuild your Mac database Hold theShift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon 

Thank you! Was having the same issue after upgrading to Evernote 7.1 -- all my notes could not be searched on the Mac app, but I could find them on the web so I knew they were still there.  I am syncing now using your keyboard command and really hope this works.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived