What happened to "Clip image to Evernote"?

I'm wondering about this too. This function was probably the most useful thing in the web clipper Evernote. Now it's gone? I collect images for mood boards and inspiration for art / design work. I can't work without it.

I've used Evernote since the early days and I've kept up with the product. This is probably the worst thing that can happen at least in the way I use the program. I'd love to see the function restored.

In general, I know that I can drag-n-drop images and make new notes but I want to retain links to the original image, title, and whatever else. The image clip did that all. Some websites don't let me do nice selections and often times I find difficulty using the selection clipping.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I came across this thread when I was looking for the reason of why this option has gone one day and the way to turn it back. I agree, that was one of the most useful features of the web clipper. Bring it back please!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, nyhunter77 said:

Did the image clipper functionality disappear again? It is one of the best features and is sooooo useful.

If I right-click on an image in Chrome on Windows, I get a menu with "Evernote Web Clipper" as an entry, and underneath it is "Clip image to Evernote". 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, jefito said:

If I right-click on an image in Chrome on Windows, I get a menu with "Evernote Web Clipper" as an entry, and underneath it is "Clip image to Evernote". 

Ditto for Brave browser.

Image.png.432ce58fcfafe2a29b72dc9739f65cd5.png

Ah I was confused a bit, i was actually looking for "What happened to ... Capture Selection from Screen which i use a ton for debug notes to my team at work (at the bottom of image).

The updated version of evernote sadly doesn't seem to have it

Screenshot 2018-12-07 11.06.36.png

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, nyhunter77 said:

Ah I was confused a bit, i was actually looking for "What happened to ... Capture Selection from Screen which i use a ton for debug notes to my team at work (at the bottom of image).

The updated version of evernote sadly doesn't seem to have it

Looks like this is not a web clipper problem; it's an Evernote for Mac problem.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, nyhunter77 said:

Ah so windows folks still have it? 

Evernote for Windows has had a screen clipper for years, and continues to do so. It's not related to the web clipper, though, which is the topic of this thread.

• 2 years later...

On my MacBook it is still possible to clip an image from Safari via Share->Evernote menu. 

But: it saves the images to Evernote as TIFF (why???????) and the TIFFs cannot be viewed in Evernote on iPhone. So it does not fulfill its main purpose anymore: to organize content platform-independent way. To share images among devices was the most used feature in my case.

As I see Evernote does not care about that since 2018. I waited patiently. And now it is time to say good bye...

• Level 5

This has nothing to do with the WebClipper - sharing from Safari does not use the WebClipper at all.

If you talk about sending a picture from Safari trough the „share“ menu command to EN, you send it to the legacy client. Whatever happens then - legacy is end of life, no more changes. Waiting won’t make a difference.

The new v10 client does not accept shared items. You can copy a picture from Safari, or drag&drop it into a note. It will be pasted in the format it was presented on the original website, which is png or jpg, in most cases. I did not come across TIFF files in the web - since they are uncompressed and usually very large, they are rarely used on websites at all.